X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE builds

Hey all,

I really really miss my (ok, very novice) ICE setup from my last car. This time round I'd like to do it properly. I'd like to use the wheel well to build a sub enclosure and have some sort of false floor as I need to boot for my RC helis/planes.

Has anyone got any pictures or plans of their boot builds, particularly of it being made so I can copy?

Cheers!!

i have 1, got if off napa on here if you can find pics from his setup, will take some pics when i get my camera back off the gf, going to be selling it soon aswell,
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
      i have 1, got if off napa on here if you can find pics from his setup, will take some pics when i get my camera back off the gf, going to be selling it soon aswell,
      Cheers I'll check it out!

Are there any good audio build services in the north east? Ideally I'd love a good boot build that retains the boot space, but I don't have any tools or skills to do it myself. Anyone got a rought idea how much a boot build would cost (sub in wheel well with a false floor above it)?

Comment

Havent got a pic but Paulk made me a MDF base that fits in the wheel well, the AMP was bolted to this and holes were cut in it to fit the tyre inflator etc so its all tucked away out of sight. The sub sits in the boot and if i need extra space its a case of undoing the wires (20 second job), taking the sub out and tucking the wires away

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
          Cheers I'll check it out!

Are there any good audio build services in the north east? Ideally I'd love a good boot build that retains the boot space, but I don't have any tools or skills to do it myself. Anyone got a rought idea how much a boot build would cost (sub in wheel well with a false floor above it)?
          Space will be the issue there mate. You wouldnt be able to fit a sub and AMP in the wheel well, its just not big enough so you have to have the amp mounted on the side and sub in the well. PM vxrmarc as he had this done and it looked very tidy

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Space will be the issue there mate. You wouldnt be able to fit a sub and AMP in the wheel well, its just not big enough so you have to have the amp mounted on the side and sub in the well. PM vxrmarc as he had this done and it looked very tidy
            Yeah just been reading vxrmarcs build thread. Basically I want to mount a sub in the wheel well, and mount the amp next to it, building a false floor above it all.

Comment

ill try get my camera tomorrow and take a pic for you, mines is for the spare wheel well and only covers half the wheel well, so there is half the wheeel well if you could fit a amp in there,

if you can find napas thread of it, it will have pics in there and also the spec of speaker, volume etc, he said you have to have a set amount of volume space in the sub so the sound is right
              Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

found a wee link for you: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7726

Comment

Cheer mate, appreciated. I'm just no good at woodwork, I have no idea where to even start. I reckon for now I'll at least dynamat the well in preparation for the sub build

Comment

Can anyone tell me how much I'd be looking at spending to dynamat the doors and wheel well/boot?

Comment

Best one i have seen on the mk5 astra is From BasilD a very nice setup sounds nice also
                      send basil a PM or look for his posts very nice guy
                      the truth is out there
                      part GSI part VXR
                      tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
                        Best one i have seen on the mk5 astra is From BasilD a very nice setup sounds nice also
                        send basil a PM or look for his posts very nice guy
                        Yup both his and vxrmarc's look amazing, way beyond anything I could ever do though

Comment

Anyone got a how to or done detailed build pics?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
                            Yup both his and vxrmarc's look amazing, way beyond anything I could ever do though
                            I built Marcs for him and his aim was very similar to my own in terms of look at aim (SQ mostly), and as you can imagine my own which you have seen. sorry I have not replyed to your pm but i am typing this on my htc phone so not really got a chance to reply at length just yet. I you give me till next week 12th onwards when I am back home as I am on hols at the mo I will pm you back with more details.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                              I built Marcs for him and his aim was very similar to my own in terms of look at aim (SQ mostly), and as you can imagine my own which you have seen. sorry I have not replyed to your pm but i am typing this on my htc phone so not really got a chance to reply at length just yet. I you give me till next week 12th onwards when I am back home as I am on hols at the mo I will pm you back with more details.
                              Wow mate, you're a star, thank you.

Enjoy your holiday mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X