This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty?

Alrite all! i was thinking of taking a warranty out on my car, its a 55reg astra vxr with 36000 on the clock.
    Basically i was hopeing yous could let me know what parts are likely to go and roughly what mileage i can expect them to go at, and also if you think it would be worth takin a warranty out or not?
    Thanks

depends if you know how your car was driven by the previous owner, it seems to be hit and miss with some peoples vxr, most common big faults are, gearbox failure, or the turbos going, but if you look after your car and dont abuse it all the time, i think it will be fine, how much is the warrenty? and what does it cover?
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

If you take out warranty, check the small print as I am guessing if your car is modified you will not be covered.

Comment

my dad has found a "gold" warranty that apparantly covers most things on the car, he recons it was around £400ish.
        The thing that is makin me want to get one is that my car has 6 previous owners , i know its probably just me been worried about it but in the back of my mind i kep thinkin there could be something wrong with it due to the number of owners.
        I dont think the car has been modified at all, everything looks pretty standard on it how ever i havent got it yet (stupid honda garage) so i could not tell you for sure.

Comment

Try warranty direct about £280 and it covers gearbox and turbo

Comment

Originally posted by C20MTN View Post
            Try warranty direct about £280 and it covers gearbox and turbo
            nice one mate, ill check them out!

Comment

Working...
            X