This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dials cut out while driving

As above, was out last night going down a motor way had the sports button on cruising at 70..i swear! then the dials just cut out, engine still running. They were off for no more than 2secs and then they just came back on?!!

Any one shed some light on this. thanks as a bit worried
    BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
    **Progress thread here!**

A few people have had the same issue, and appears to be a once off and you may not happen again.

I think it something to do with ecu resetting themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
      A few people have had the same issue, and appears to be a once off and you may not happen again.

I think it something to do with ecu resetting themselves.
      thanks for the quick reply. fingers crossed then, was strange as the car didnt jolt or anything.
      BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.

Comment

loads of us had that about 2 1/2 years back. got my dashboard software upgraded soon after and not seen it since but it did only happen once to me
        sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
        Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Ive had this happen to me before aswell once in my H 1.6 design and once in my vxr.. as said above theres a few members on here and AON that have had this

Comment

Curious to know why ''had the sports button on cruising at '' ?
            sigpic

Comment

I posted the same question couple weeks back!

Dials went funy for a few seconds......not happened since!
              12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                there was a few of us(VXR's) so wanted the option of catching them up!

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
                I posted the same question couple weeks back!

Dials went funy for a few seconds......not happened since!
                hope thats the case mate as that scared me big time while driving a long the motor...thought the car was gonna cut out while I was in the middle lane!!

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post

why curious i have my sports on 100%, its on all of the time its never off.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                    why curious i have my sports on 100%, its on all of the time its never off.
                    My curiosity arose from the statement ''cruising'' (at whatever speed)

So if your cruising (or have cruise control ON) you use the sport button ?
                    sigpic

Comment

This happened a couple of times in my old Astra.

Didn't seem to have any other effects.
                      sigpic
                      SMD conversions, cruise control, speed dependent locking/anti-hijack, check control programming, diagnostics, software updates - based in West Yorkshire
                      Radios and displays decoded/divorced without the code
                      Genuine Vetronix Tech2 with SPS and ******** used - no Chinese clone stuff here

Comment

Probably a spike in the charging or lighting relay, split second flash, mostly goes un-noticed unless you are staring at the dials ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X