This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Button Start

Is it possible to retrofit this in my arden as from what i can gather it comes as standard??...maybe.. in the nurburg edition?

If so does anyone know where i'd be able to get this done or a how too? and also is there a part number from vauxhall for the Nurburg OEM button?

Thanks

OH OOO OOO!!! ..got the mrs put on the insurance for the Astra....is this suicidal?...my 19's look at me as if i've just written them a curbing death wish
    Astra VXR ITS BOG STANDARD...well i've smoothed the boot and thats it!!....Slowly Hoarding parts in my garage so i can go from Stock to Stage 3 in a matter of days

it can be done but will cost a fortune to do, they come as standard in all vxrs from 57 plate onwards, aye yeah you have just written a death wish for the alloys haha
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by Liam_VXR View Post
      Is it possible to retrofit this in my arden as from what i can gather it comes as standard??...maybe.. in the nurburg edition?

If so does anyone know where i'd be able to get this done or a how too? and also is there a part number from vauxhall for the Nurburg OEM button?

Thanks

OH OOO OOO!!! ..got the mrs put on the insurance for the Astra....is this suicidal?...my 19's look at me as if i've just written them a curbing death wish
      Suicide!!!! Theres a few posts here of members moaning their mrs have kirbed their alloys...

Comment

this would be good to find out if you could and how much nice threat dude

Comment

Do you want keyless push button start (as in the later spec cars)

Or do you just want a push button start?

The first option is expensive as you need the button, keys, the transponders, door handles tech 2 work etc etc

You can wire in a push button start which is where you put your keys in, turn 2 clicks then press to start which can be done for the price of a button and a relay. I had one on my previous car but spliced the wires so you could still turn the ignition to start.

HTH

Comment

What do you need to do it proper like the new cars? Most parts I could get hold if from damaged cars

Comment

Originally posted by arden_blue_vxr View Post
              What do you need to do it proper like the new cars? Most parts I could get hold if from damaged cars
              Not sure if anyone knows what extract parts are involved, as no one has done it.

Comment

to fit keyless i imagine would be expensive to start with you need 2 new keys not to mention door looms new centre console start button and poss an ecu (not sure how it works tbh) and then theres programming ontop

theres probably some extra wiring involved too
                2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

i personally dont think its worth it, i dont have it and its kind kool thing 2 av but i wudnt waste my money on it, id buy sumthing 2 make the car better, handling? brakes? power?
                  or jus little subtle mods like new car mats or a little paint ere n there
                  sigpic
                  Progress Thread
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                  WANTED:
                  SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

Cheers guys!

Its probably not worth it then if its going to be to that extent for keyless push start!...I wouldn't really want to hack up my dash for push start with a key as i may as well just turn the key a lil bit further LOL

Oh and a little update!.... She maybe on the policy...but like hell has she driven the car yet!..with such excuses as "looks a bit greasy out there"... "you look tired love".. or even saying she should wear her killer heels when we go to tescos..."ooo you look nice..but you wont be able to drive in them dearest" haha
                    Astra VXR ITS BOG STANDARD...well i've smoothed the boot and thats it!!....Slowly Hoarding parts in my garage so i can go from Stock to Stage 3 in a matter of days

Comment

The novelty of keyless wears off quickly when it starts playing up so its not worth the money imo to add yourself. spend it on something else

Comment

Yerr think im just gonna get my SMD's done instead..

Can anyone tell me who does them again??

Comment

Originally posted by Liam_VXR View Post
                          Yerr think im just gonna get my SMD's done instead..

Can anyone tell me who does them again??
                          stampede or vxrcourt3 mate, cant remember if there is anyone else ?

Comment

2 x UID's (keys), CIM, Door handles, PEP's ECU, REC, receivers, probably a loom (or a lot of spare time) very costly.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Working...
                            X