Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a bit pee'd off service.... & (Brake pad help)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bit pee'd off service.... & (Brake pad help)

well got my car back from the garage just now, it went in for a service, 2nd one....
    drove the car home as soon as i got home the insp 1000 comes up, mined u i just got the car service today, so can anyone tell me why this has happen, it got serviced in an opel garage so i will be going back there again tomorrow....

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHATS THE BEST BRAKE PADS TO GO FOR WITH THE STANDARD CAPILARS... THANKS
    JAMAICA
    VXR

just take them back and get them to reset it mate

Comment

i know you should'nt have to do this mate but here is how to reset the (insp)

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2347

and to be honest i would say standard pads are good ... pm mattbibbs he get's most parts cheap as you can

hth paul
      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

If I remember correctly, you can only reset the service light if its on. So if it wasn't on the dealer can't reset it. But just pop back and they'll do it for you, or do as above

For the price the standard pads are pretty good. Get GM pads, I really don't rate Mintex at all, we used to use them on some of the sales Jags at work, but have since stopped as too many complaintd about the brakes feeling spongy and smoking alot

James

sigpic
        MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

thanks alot lads, i see what happen when i go there tomorrow....
          They change my brake pads without telling me, even though they told me they were fine, now they wanna change me a arm and a leg for it. now the boss said i should come in tomorrow coz they should have told me before they change then....
          JAMAICA
          VXR

Comment

Working...
          X