This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage2 to stage3

Is it worth doing? Is there alot of power difference? Also it's going to be £1300 more on insurance with a front mount.

Addvise please

Thanks
    Marc

Originally posted by Marc vxr View Post
    Is it worth doing? Is there alot of power difference? Also it's going to be £1300 more on insurance with a front mount.

Addvise please

Thanks
    Marc
    for 1300 more on insurance and the 1000+ its gna cost for the intercooler fitted i wouldnt think it was worth it mate!! but then again im only stage 2 so not sure what difference it makes!

Comment

When i was at stage 2 people said theres no point in going to stage 3 theres not much difference. Well they are wrong Its like going from stage 1 to 2 again but with more power, plus on hot days the car stays fast unlike those without an intercooler. Put it this way, at stage 2 i could keep up exactly with the new Focus RS, now with stage 3 i can pull away from one

Comment

I've got the intercooler already and would fit it myself. Just need to no if it would be worth paying the extra insurance for the power difference?

Comment

Oh and im paying the same on insurance mate. If i never told them about my mods i'd just be paying £350 for the car standard

Comment

Dont tell them? Its just an intercooler, but tell them about your remap

Comment

worth doin just for safer running temps.

Comment

Well mine would be 1150 with exhaust and remap then go's to 2400 when I put the intercooler on. Do you think it would be worth paying the extra then?

Comment

Mines at about £2100 for stage 3. Im paying more for the exhaust than the intercooler, insurances are a load of *****. Mine said i can do anything i want to the car at all and i dont need to tell them as long as i dont go over 300bhp... how do i know that im not going over 300bhp They said if i had a crash or anything they would put it on a rolling road to see what bhp i was running lmao, good luck to that

Comment

if it was me i wouldnt tbh, 2300 for an extra 12bhp and a few more lbs of torque..

in the winter a race between s2 and s3 if both get a good start it will be very very close.. but the intercooler is mainly for track and hot weather tbh..

ad rarther go stage 2 with lsd

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                      Mines at about £2100 for stage 3. Im paying more for the exhaust than the intercooler, insurances are a load of *****. Mine said i can do anything i want to the car at all and i dont need to tell them as long as i dont go over 300bhp... how do i know that im not going over 300bhp They said if i had a crash or anything they would put it on a rolling road to see what bhp i was running lmao, good luck to that
                      or just be careful and dont crash lol and if someone goes into you then erm unlucky

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                        or just be careful and dont crash lol and if someone goes into you then erm unlucky
                        How can they put a damaged car on a rolling road? They dont even know what a rolling road does when i asked them what it does exactly, they thought you plug a computer into the ECU and it tells you the bhp... i just said "oh" and left it at that lol. Just trying to scare me thats all so i dont make it any faster

Comment

over £1k more on insurance id leave it alone mate, thats a joke, they charge enough as it is

Comment

As mentioned already, it is not worth the 1300 pounds. Wait until your insurance renewal and look for cheaper insurance companies.,

Comment

I don't have a map yet tho and have the intercooler already. Then I would have to try and sell it and stuff. I'm still looking for better quotes tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X