• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre wear question

uneven tyre wear on one of the wheels,

ie near side, inside edge of tyre is bold,
    but rest of the tyre stil got plenty of tread,
    and the off side wheel is fine.

that mean tracking is out? chamber? toes angle? can you adjust chanmber?

you had it lowered mate??

Comment

Fronts on a fwd tend to wear on the inside edge (especially if driven hard) and the passenger side front tends to be the one that wears the most from my experience

Astra

Comment

would'nt of thought tracking as you would notice it to cause that much damage to your tyres... pulling to 1 side or other ! but the chamber wont as the toe in or out is of to much...so need your wheel's set up again mate.
        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

If both wheels were the same i would say incorrect pressures, however with just one scrubbing, I would def say tracking........

Can we assume you have checked the tyres pressures of both fronts with a decent gauge ?
          sigpic

Comment

I would also say tracking

Comment

had it lowered today and saw it. had the tyres and tracking as i hit a brick in the road done about 6 months ago near side in side is bold now.

been looking at this http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=Camber and http://www.tpub.com/content/construc.../14273_337.htm

so its got me thinking the chamber is out or the toe out on turns is??? can it be adjusted at all? just wanna know where i stand when i go to the place

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                had it lowered today and saw it. had the tyres and tracking as i hit a brick in the road done about 6 months ago near side in side is bold now.

been looking at this http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=Camber and http://www.tpub.com/content/construc.../14273_337.htm

so its got me thinking the chamber is out or the toe out on turns is??? can it be adjusted at all? just wanna know where i stand when i go to the place

TBF Col, these garages may have the kit but recently we found to our horror with the wife's car that they dont know what to do with it. You pay good money and you dont get a decent job.

Luckily MPG sorted the wife's car out on their system, when it was rechecked and the mistake they made corrected.

REMUS also told me about a similar experience like this he had encountered
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                  TBF Col, these garages may have the kit but recently we found to our horror with the wife's car that they dont know what to do with it. You pay good money and you dont get a decent job.

Luckily MPG sorted the wife's car out on their system, when it was rechecked and the mistake they made corrected.

REMUS also told me about a similar experience like this he had encountered
                  so you think the toe angle could be wrong? not happy

Comment

went down there he had a look he said the tracking (toe angle be fine) thinks the camber could be slighty out as i bashed it could have bent something.
                    so next week gonna get wheels off and have a look messure everything see if anything out. dunno if they can check camber angles.
                    if not might be trip to quick fit check camber angle and get the camber adjuster things dunno how much they are??

toe angle was ten ml out when went and got tracking done so likely bent something buy about ten ml. to much of negative chamber
                    Last edited by beefycol; 3 September 2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

went down there he had a look he said the tracking (toe angle be fine) thinks the camber could be slighty out as i bashed it could have bent something.
                      so next week gonna get wheels off and have a look messure everything see if anything out. dunno if they can check camber angles.
                      if not might be trip to quick fit check camber angle and get the camber adjuster things dunno how much they are??

toe angle was ten ml out when went and got tracking done so likely bent something buy about ten ml. to much of negative chamber

how much camber do you have?

so your saying you have 1 cm of toe, is that toe in or out?
                      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

not anymore i beleive sould be spot on now.
                        but at the time when i bashed it then went get it adjusted. it was 10mm out faceing out.... i believe

edit and unsure on camber. dont know if they can check. might have to go quick fit to check.

Comment

Unlucky mate hope ya sort it

Comment

went quick fit today. £50 to check camber angle. £15 a adjustment can take upto 4 times to get it right so looking £100. i just laughed and said not a chance paying that plus its factory set any way and id need adjustables. so cost me £50 for adjusters.

just quickley messured top edge the wheel to outer arch there 10mm diff on one i banged. quessing as im good a maths. 10mm will prob actualy be 10deg negative camber.
                            so yip bent something by 10mm. so next week wheels off checking everything over. messuring every single part.

lucky when get new tyres local man do toe angle for free. still not asked him if he can check camber... drr

Comment

went quick fit today. £50 to check camber angle. £15 a adjustment can take upto 4 times to get it right so looking £100. i just laughed and said not a chance paying that plus its factory set any way and id need adjustables. so cost me £50 for adjusters.

just quickley messured top edge the wheel to outer arch there 10mm diff on one i banged. quessing as im good a maths. 10mm will prob actualy be 10deg negative camber.
                              so yip bent something by 10mm. so next week wheels off checking everything over. messuring every single part.

lucky when get new tyres local man do toe angle for free. still not asked him if he can check camber... drr
                              well at least you know the problem now l mate ..this way you can go around fixing it..which i hope is a cheap easy fix mate.
                              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Working...
                              X