This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration?

When you give the car a little rev when stationary you can feel a vibration In the car as if the exhaust is hitting somethink causing it to do this or has anyone else got any suggestions when driving you can sometimes feel it to but mainly when your not moving and give it a rev

It may well just be your exhaust touching the heatshield. Some ppl who've had similar problems have reached underneath the car (when the exhaust's cold) and have been able to push the heatshield away from the exhaust slightly, so it no longer vibrates. I sometimes get the same thing since I had my 3" exhaust fitted, but only when the car's cold. x
    sigpic
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Cool where's the heatshield under the car mate I'll have look later

Comment

If you look under the car, you will see metal plates (silver in color) where the exhaust makes it way from the front to rear. You could perhaps also check your exhaust hangers to make sure they're all in one piece as the rubber can fail on them over time. HTH

Paula x
        sigpic
        Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Ok thanks paula x :-)

Comment

You're very welcome, Buddy. Hope it works for you, it should do. x
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X