This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise on gear change

Since having the new turbo fitted under warranty I sometimes notice a slight squeak sort of noise when changing gear. It seems to happen when doing the lower gear changes.

I wondered if it was something to do with the actuator or recirc valve. But when sitting in the car it sounds like its coming from the drivers side of the engine bay.

Any ideas, wondered if something needed a bit of oil!?
    Arden Astra VXR
    Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
    Since having the new turbo fitted under warranty I sometimes notice a slight squeak sort of noise when changing gear. It seems to happen when doing the lower gear changes.

I wondered if it was something to do with the actuator or recirc valve. But when sitting in the car it sounds like its coming from the drivers side of the engine bay.

Any ideas, wondered if something needed a bit of oil!?
    Sounds like the diagraghm in the recirv valve has gone. Very common especially after either fitment of a larger bore exahust or more load caused through remapping....check your vac pipes too.....

VX have a field remedy kit for this for cars under warranty, if out of warranty most fit a Forge unit.

if you search for Turkey or Remedy youwill find previous posts covering this given it is the chuckle noise on gear change........

EDIT:- http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=remedy
    Last edited by R15VXR; 3 September 2010, 01:10 PM. Reason: URL added
    sigpic

Comment

But its a new turbo, so surely should have been a new recirc valve.

Its not really a turkey noise just a slight squeak. :S
      Arden Astra VXR
      Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
        But its a new turbo, so surely should have been a new recirc valve.

Its not really a turkey noise just a slight squeak. :S

iirc new turbos do come complete and you would hope it would of been fine and fitted like that

- Turkey noise is usually associated with vac pipes off

- Slight chuckle noise when changing gear is usually associated with ripped diapraghm in recirv valve.

VX can check by use of a std pump device they have which would detect a leak.....
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X