Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic emergency key for keyless entry - how many did you get?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic emergency key for keyless entry - how many did you get?

Hi Guys I only got one fob (with plastic key) when I bought the car 2nd hand from VX so they ordered me a new one at their expense but it didn't come with the plastic emergency key. I asked the dealer to order me a new plastic key and didn't hear anything for a month and now they are trying to say that you only get one emergency key. So I've only got 1 plastic key between 2 fobs which means if my girlfriend's fob packs up when she's got the car (even though she shouldn't be driving it) then she's got no way of getting in the car!!

How many plastic keys did you guys get? Cheers

Originally posted by SteveHVXR View Post
    Hi Guys I only got one fob (with plastic key) when I bought the car 2nd hand from VX so they ordered me a new one at their expense but it didn't come with the plastic emergency key. I asked the dealer to order me a new plastic key and didn't hear anything for a month and now they are trying to say that you only get one emergency key. So I've only got 1 plastic key between 2 fobs which means if my girlfriend's fob packs up when she's got the car (even though she shouldn't be driving it) then she's got no way of getting in the car!!

How many plastic keys did you guys get? Cheers
    No buddy you should get 2 one for each fob
    sigpic
    Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Cheers dickie, I'm hoping that I can get a good few replies from people so that I can tell the dealer to quit being a **** and just order one already

Comment

If your talking about the bit on the back of they fob I got one on each of mine gawd no's how you get it out tho

Comment

Cheers dickie, I'm hoping that I can get a good few replies from people so that I can tell the dealer to quit being a **** and just order one already
          not a problem buddy wouldn't wait just get back with the 2 key fobs and tell them again as if you lose one you need it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bugz View Post
            If your talking about the bit on the back of they fob I got one on each of mine gawd no's how you get it out tho
            If you push the little black button down on the back of the fob and slide the silver tip up and off then there should be a black plastic key in there which should just slide out over a little lip!

Comment

If you push the little black button down on the back of the fob and slide the silver tip up and off then there should be a black plastic key in there which should just slide out over a little lip!
              I've not got one in either of my fobs

Comment

not any! wow, thats not good you need one to open the door if fob doesn't work. Can't do anything else with them though
                sigpic

Comment

You got keyless entry yeah bugz? If so you should definitely look into getting yourself at least one incase your fob goes up the creek otherwise you'll have no way of getting in!

Comment

You should have 2 mate, I didn't realise for ages that the backs of the keys come off. One day was playing with it and found out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
                      You should have 2 mate, I didn't realise for ages that the backs of the keys come off. One day was playing with it and found out lol.
                      Cheers Stanners

Comment

I aint got any eithe

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                          I aint got any eithe
                          have you got push start?

Comment

Well should think if i got a keyless fob lol, i didnt get any when I got the car

Comment

Have you checked inside the fobs you have?

Comment

Working...
                              X