• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil smell!!!!

Ok, Im gettin well fed up now. Since havin my burg,
    It`s had a new oil return pipe.
    Then a new turbo.
    And I`m still gettin the burning oil smell
    Now my question is, when my dealer changed the turbo would they of done the manifold then???
    If so has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be so I i can mention this when I ring up to book it in AGAIN
    Nurburgring Astra #451, the old faithful. Ls2 VXR8 in Impulse Blue.#58. 1 of Only 15 manuals.

Don't ask me lol I had it for 2 Years now and it's gettin me down ps they will have changed your manifold
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, if they changed the manifold. All good. Now I know this is hard to explain on tinternet but, when you start your car in the morning, when cold.
      Do you hear {if your outside the car} what sounds like the manifold is cracked. Sorry but it`s got to me tonight and tomorrow i`m not workin so will be all ears cold then warm. Serious 2Years. OMG. i aint had mine 6months yet
      Nurburgring Astra #451, the old faithful. Ls2 VXR8 in Impulse Blue.#58. 1 of Only 15 manuals.

Comment

Yeah like a buzzing from the fron near the turbo. Mine does that and so does one on my mates but another friend with the same car doesn't have the problem and none of us have the manifolds with the wrong bolts either.

Comment

Originally posted by Plastermick451 View Post
          Ok, if they changed the manifold. All good. Now I know this is hard to explain on tinternet but, when you start your car in the morning, when cold.
          Do you hear {if your outside the car} what sounds like the manifold is cracked. Sorry but it`s got to me tonight and tomorrow i`m not workin so will be all ears cold then warm. Serious 2Years. OMG. i aint had mine 6months yet
          Your right , it is a bit hard to explain on tinternet.

When i start my car in the mornings, i am usually sitting INSIDE my car, and have no idea what my car sounds like outside
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Mick, when I start mine from cold you can hear a slight hiss/leak but this clears after 5 mins. Mine has had the manifold bolts checked and all was fine. I don't have a burning oil smell though...

West Midlands Northern Area R.A

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadHouse View Post
              Hi Mick, when I start mine from cold you can hear a slight hiss/leak but this clears after 5 mins. Mine has had the manifold bolts checked and all was fine. I don't have a burning oil smell though...
              Mine only sounds like that now I have had the pre-cat removed. Goes once the exhaust has warmed up.

Comment

Working...
              X