This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet vents

I've noticed people putting vents in their bonnets, the only ones i like are the RS ones they look very nice. I was thinking about putting these on my red VXR but painting them black to go with my red and black theme but what about the water when rains? Also not sure where abouts on the bonnet would look best

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
    I've noticed people putting vents in their bonnets, the only ones i like are the RS ones they look very nice. I was thinking about putting these on my red VXR but painting them black to go with my red and black theme but what about the water when rains? Also not sure where abouts on the bonnet would look best
    Yeah that would look awesome, Exactly what im doing when I eventually pass my test and get a Astra VXR 2-3 years after though

Comment

Looking at the vents on ebay, do these have the screws etc with them? Some are fake for like £10 and the real ones are around £50 - 150 is there any difference in them?

Comment

Looking at the vents on ebay, do these have the screws etc with them? Some are fake for like £10 and the real ones are around £50 - 150 is there any difference in them?
        I don't know much about them mate, But I reckon you should get the better ones just to be on the safe side if you get me?

Comment

Have a look at this thread mate. This should give you idea of what it will look like mate.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100154

Or have a look at this one and see what you think (Not RS Vents)

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=jigger

Comment

send smokinvxr a message

Comment

mine are ready to go next weekend
              sigpic
              Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Originally posted by dickievxr View Post
                mine are ready to go next weekend
                Are they the fake ones or the real £200 ones? Is there any difference, does it have any clips/screws with it? What about water getting into the engine bay?

Comment

No mate real fake one there carbon but not from ford no screws but don't need them you can bond them to the bonnet with out
                  sigpic

Comment

So what is the difference between the fake and real ones?

Comment

never understood this at all what good will those vents do surley they want to be over the manifold area to reduce heat to the max as a pose to over the battery etc?

Comment

So what is the difference between the fake and real ones?
                        about 100 quid and these are just as good

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                        never understood this at all what good will those vents do surley they want to be over the manifold area to reduce heat to the max as a pose to over the battery etc?
                        when your driving the heat builds up at the back of the engine bay as the cooler air pushes through the intercooler and over the turbo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dickievxr View Post
                          about 100 quid and these are just as good

when your driving the heat builds up at the back of the engine bay as the cooler air pushes through the intercooler and over the turbo
                          ahh i see

Comment

dont you also have to watch where you place these as the rain gets in and could damage certain parts if they are not placed correctly?
                            Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                              dont you also have to watch where you place these as the rain gets in and could damage certain parts if they are not placed correctly?
                              Would also like to know this?

Comment

Working...
                              X