This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Held Speed Camera Laws?

Hey guys! know a few of you on here are members of the police! just wondered if anyone can shed any light on laws or rights where hand held speed cameras are concerned!

ie...

do they have to be wearing hi-vis?
    does the area have to have speed camera signs?
    do they capture a picture or just write ur plate down?

Ross

Originally posted by RMW-VXR View Post
    do they have to be wearing hi-vis? No they do not
    does the area have to have speed camera signs? No only required for camera partnership sites
    do they capture a picture or just write ur plate down? No they will stop you there and then

Ross
    Hope that helps

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

ok so i think the ones i went past were them community officers no actual police but cant be sure! and as i went past them one had a pad and the other pointed something black at the back of my car? what you thinks happening moeman?

Comment

Are you sure they were police, many communities now have citizens setting up sites to catch naughty drivers, if so all they can do is forward the details to the neighbourhood policing team who may send you a letter telling you not to be naughty again, but they cant prosecute you.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

So stop being naughty

Comment

haha i wasnt being naughty as such!
            was late for golf and got stuck behind a woman doing 23 in a 30! then she pulled off so i dropped it down a gear and went over the bridge and they obviously heard the remus so grabbed the pad and a "camera" of some kind and pointed it at me after i had gone past! i did break a little but was confused whether it was police or not lol!

Comment

was doin less than 40 lol! wasnt like i accelerated to 80!
              Think the one i saw closest to me had blue on the back of a black jacket and abit of blue on her hat which make me think it was them community officers!

Comment

might jus be writting down that they LOVED your car lol
                sigpic
                Progress Thread
                http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                WANTED:
                SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

Originally posted by AstraVXR_Red View Post
                  might jus be writting down that they LOVED your car lol
                  And to keep an eye out for it next time

Comment

Haha hope so!! That would be the best outcome rather than a fine or 3 points lol

Comment

Had this happen to me a couple of times and both times nothing happened and after asking people it turned out that they were disgruntled local residents trying to scare people and or show the police that there is a speed problem in that area!

Comment

Working...
                      X