X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deisel more harm then good

hi all

question i do 4,000 miles a year so am i doing good by getting a deisel are am i doing harm and not worth it

help welcome thansk

IMO, it only works significantly cheaper if you put the milage in. 4,000 miles a year is nothing and the difference to insure a 1.9CDTI over the VXR is not overly much, tax is about £80 difference a year and then fuel so its not going to be much different.

I generally do 20,000+ miles a year hence why I baught my diesel and I worked out I would save nearly £1700 alone on fuel compared to running the VXR. £300 difference on Insurance and £80 on the tax so I am about £2,000 better off at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
      IMO, it only works significantly cheaper if you put the milage in. 4,000 miles a year is nothing and the difference to insure a 1.9CDTI over the VXR is not overly much, tax is about £80 difference a year and then fuel so its not going to be much different.

I generally do 20,000+ miles a year hence why I baught my diesel and I worked out I would save nearly £1700 alone on fuel compared to running the VXR. £300 difference on Insurance and £80 on the tax so I am about £2,000 better off at least.
      I'd agree with what Lawro says^^^ - it's all based on mileage and you would need to be doing a lot more than 4000

See some interesting stuff from Parkers - http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Motori...el-calculator/
      Last edited by IanJ; 5 September 2010, 11:09 AM.

Astra

Comment

I think what it is my wife wants to save money on tax and fuel costs but I want to be happy and have fun but not be fueling it like I was with my st focus

Comment

Working...
        X