This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continentals

ive got the 19" tyres. basically all weekend was wet so went out for the first time to see how the car coped. basically i feel that the continental sport contact 2 is not good enough for the car.
    could barely put me foot down. gave me no confidence through the corners. ive always had performance tyres on my vehicles such as the car i had last (peugeot 306 gti6) had bridgstone so-3 pole positions on and they were amazing wet or dry, just wondered if anyone had tried a different make?

see if miss vxr louise posts a reply or send her a pm she has 888 wheels on her car and has proxis ts1 fitted dont know what they are like though ?????????

Comment

For a generally available tyre try the Michelin Pilot Sport2
      Stu

Comment

not a fan of toyo's. i work in the tyre trade, have thought of the michelin tyre but just wondered if people had experience of different makes on the vxr.

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
          For a generally available tyre try the Michelin Pilot Sport2
          Stu
          They are a great tyre, I was told to replace the Conti's on my M3 for Pilot Sports. The dealer was footing the bill for the like for like bit under warranty but when I asked for Pilot Sports I was asked to pay in excess of £200, but they transformed the car.

Comment

When mine are up I think I will be changing to Toyo's T1-r,personally like the feel of them for wet and dry handling. I find the conti's do not give enough feed back.

Comment

I have just got my VXR but when I got replacement tyres for the Megane 225 the Dunlop Sport Maxs 18s were great especially in the wet. I dont know if they do them in 19s but I think they are worth a look at least.

Comment

The dunlop sport maxx are available in 235/35r19

Comment

I had 2 Mini cooper S before getting the VXr.
                  1st Hatchback Ran with the Pirellis and where great, changed to the Michelin Pilot Sports and the difference was massive!
                  On the cabrio they came with the Pilot Sports again and where superb! But they needed replaced before changing cars so I put on a set of brand new Kumos(cost effective) and I found them to be really quite good!
                  But nothing beats the michelin pilots for Price + Quality + Performance = Durability

Comment

i imagine michelin's will save on fuel a bit as they're very well balanced and quite light in comparison. which is why they always the most expensive.

Comment

Hi new boy here. I'm not over inpressed with the Conti's
                      I had TOYO Proxy T1R's on the Zafira GSi I just traded in.

Comment

apparently goodyear f1's are the best rain tyre. lapped 4 seconds quicker than any other tyre in the wet around a track, and they used a monaro!

Comment

I have had the VXR about a month or so now and the Conti's seem quite good, although not really pushed them yet.

My previous car was an LCR at 270 bhp. The best tyres i have ever had was the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's.

Those tyres are the absolute best for grip, life and road feel. They transformed my LCR over the standard Pirelli's & lasted 18k on the front driving 270 bhp !!!

Comment

I had a look yesterday at the conti's on the front of both cars. The Vectra has done 8K miles and it looks as though the tyres will need replacing at 10K.

The Astra has done 6K and they look marginally better than the Vectra and I guess will need to be replaced at 10K also.

I am very tempted to put Michelin's on both cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbowayne
                              I have had the VXR about a month or so now and the Conti's seem quite good, although not really pushed them yet.

My previous car was an LCR at 270 bhp. The best tyres i have ever had was the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's.

Those tyres are the absolute best for grip, life and road feel. They transformed my LCR over the standard Pirelli's & lasted 18k on the front driving 270 bhp !!!

i'll be fitting Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's next, although the Continentals after 8000 miles of my driving still have pleanty left on them and have performed very well...

Comment

Working...
                              X