• Autocar 0-100-0 Results

0-60
    Astra Sprint 5.74
    Astra VXR 6.05
    Focus ST 6.77
    Astra T8 CDTi 6.89
    0-100
    0-100-0
    Quote'Anyone who has bought an Astra VXR in the last year will be entering a whole new dimension of smugness'
    Stu

Re: Autocar 0-100-0 Results

he he he!!!

Comment

What about the Vectra?

Comment

you dont wont to know
        ok then
        0-60 6.94
        0-100 17.23
        0-100-0 22.35
        it was the wagon varient

Comment

Don't think that's too bad when you consider the weight of the Vectra Estate against the Astra.

Comment

Nice results.. bought it this morning.. But if that's a standard showroom car.. I'll eat my hat!!!
            Sprint has 48 more BHP, 104 more lb/ft, 50 kgs lighter.. but only 1/2 second quicker 0-100... yeah... Righto!!! Oh and over 2 secs faster than last time they tested it.. mmmmmm
            It won't be the first time a manufacturer has sent a remapped Turbo charged car for test and won't be the last.. (Certain vRS Octavia I seem to remember)
            If i'm wrong... fair play!!

Comment

I thought that the sprint car was done by 888 not directly from vauxhall..i could be wrong though

Comment

Mr 270 how very dare you , the Astra VXR was a stock one off the press fleet. the Astra 'Sprint' is not stripped out but has the Sprint spec engine , Dynamis wheels,AP development brakes etc....its the one I brought up to TMS dyno day.
                Apparently Auto Moto und Sport in Germany did a similar test and hit 6.11secs to 100km/h which is a tad better.
                As you well know its just getting the launch right, c*ck it up and you lose tenths all over the place.
                Stu

Comment

Later in the mag it did say that the car had loosened up and weas quicker than when they first tested it.

Comment

Working...
                  X