This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running In

I think this topic has probably been discussed before but I cant find it. I picked up the car today (finally) Ive driven it back up to my work (180 miles) but how many miles is recommended for running in. Its getting very hard not to give it the throttle.

congrats mate
    600 miles
    when your having your map and exhaust done ask to have an oil and filter change

Comment

I think John did mention the oil change when we spoke. 2 weeks until stage 2 so there will be about 2k on it by then. Is it true that they get better with age?

Comment

they sure do mate, much better!

Comment

yep, i agree, every day the cars feels better, plus as the pilot( well it does fly), you do get used to the feel of it as you do the miles.
          johnny
          Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyvxr
            yep, i agree, every day the cars feels better, plus as the pilot( well it does fly), you do get used to the feel of it as you do the miles.
            johnny
            I have just over 12k air miles on mine now and that statement is so true. I have found the TC light doesn't come on so much now either!

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
              I have just over 12k air miles on mine now and that statement is so true. I have found the TC light doesn't come on so much now either!
              Ian is that because the weather is dry and you are getting fantatsic grip from your now slick tyres? .......just asking :P
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                Originally posted by IanVXR
                Ian is that because the weather is dry and you are getting fantatsic grip from your now slick tyres? .......just asking :P
                HEY! Just what are you insinuating!!!!? :wink:
                I've actually had my fronts swapped to the back so I have plenty of grip at the front! TC is coming on less because I have finally learnt (after 12k miles ) to control the throttle properly! It's still difficult with sport on though sometimes!!! :wink:

Comment

sport on sometimes??? second button i press, lol
                  johnny
                  Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Working...
                  X