This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy a astra vxr

I am looking at buying a 06 vxr what are the good points of this car and the bad as its between a vxr and civic type r. What is the perforamce like and how does the insurance compare to the type r as im 20 hoping it would be around the same

There are load of threads within this forum as to the good and bad points of the vxr (mainly v good) and a couple of comments compared to the type R.
    Having had the type R as a company car a couple of years ago, and now having done 6k miles in my VXR, my opinion is that they are not in the same league - the R is a road legal go-kart with a crazy red line but feels very plastic, whereas the vxr feels like a real performance car and I haven't stopped smiling since getting it in April.
    The biggest negative that I have seen commented on within vxronline is the stone chip marks but my vxr looks better then my civic did after similar miles and it has probably been driven harder as it holds the road much better.
    As for insurance, I am afraid I don't know, but if the quote is good for the vxr then go for it ----- if you want something with a high red line then get a bike licence

Comment

I owned a CTR for 11 months and i loved it! Awesome car can be picked up cheap now aswell which is a plus!

The VXR? driven it once and thats enough not as well made as the CTR try em both your view may be different

Comment

Originally posted by MikeST
        I owned a CTR for 11 months and i loved it! Awesome car can be picked up cheap now aswell which is a plus!

The VXR? driven it once and thats enough not as well made as the CTR try em both your view may be different
        This site and other VXR related sites are full of ex CTR owners who all say that the VXR is in a differant league as it is to the ST, the CTR was formerly a fantastic car but the crown has passed onto the VXR, not sure where the ST fits in ?

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
          Originally posted by MikeST

This site and other VXR related sites are full of ex CTR owners who all say that the VXR is in a differant league as it is to the ST, the CTR was formerly a fantastic car but the crown has passed onto the VXR, not sure where the ST fits in ?
          has 2 be the vxr its a best had old gsi more power and makes me happy and looks the part on the road

Comment

Aren't CTR's two a penny these days. If you see one in a day you tend to see 5 others! Quick car though granted. Had a 330Ci and got tired of being raced by CTR's. Not anymore though, they eat my dust!

Comment

Working...
            X