This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Problem ?

Hi - anyone able to help ? Had car for only about a week, only put 200 miles on the clock, taking it fairly easy to bed everything in etc, but loving the way the turbo kicks in - definitely throw you back in your seat stuff.
    Driving home today - car feels fast but feels like the turbo isn't there anymore ???? Where's it gone ? When accelerating - it's picking up but doesn't feel so agressive anymore and the torque steer has vastly reduced - any clues ?
    Thanks

It may be the temps outside and the timing being pulled back. What was the weather temp? May be worth getting out with VXl dealer and getting Tech 2 onto it if you feel you have a problem. They will be able to check the retard being applied under acceleration if any. Also what fuel you running as super will help allot more than unleaded.
    Perhaps one of the tuners can comment more.

Comment

It was about 6 tonight so pretty hot stil - around 25 degrees. Fuel - no idea - I'm still on the tank that the dealer gave me !!
      Will leave early tomorrow before it gets too hot outside and see what happens
      Thanks.....

Comment

The temps shouldn't affect the car. I have a stage 1 and I have found the car to perform even better in the conditions recently. I believe Catherine has also said the same about her Vectra!
        No one so far has reported any loss of power due to the heat. Heat is only a problem on rolling roads but on the road there is plenty of airflow.
        Unless it is just you getting use to the power now it sounds like it maybe a problem. I know nothing about cars though so I can't help!

Comment

turbo issue

It sounds like you might just be getting used to it but Id run into the dealers to have it checked, Have you got the spanner light on the dash illuminated , if so there is a fault.
          One thing that does happen regular is the small turbo vaccuum pipes come off at the rear of the engine, they just push back on ,but this is usually shown by drop in acceleration and a Dump Valve style chirp on release of Throttle. it doesnt always throw up a light on the dash and you can drive around it .

Comment

Re: turbo issue

Originally posted by davidof
            It sounds like you might just be getting used to it but Id run into the dealers to have it checked, Have you got the spanner light on the dash illuminated , if so there is a fault.
            One thing that does happen regular is the small turbo vaccuum pipes come off at the rear of the engine, they just push back on ,but this is usually shown by drop in acceleration and a Dump Valve style chirp on release of Throttle. it doesnt always throw up a light on the dash and you can drive around it .
            Is this something i could fix myself ? i think mine maybe off as im getting noise sonding like its coming from around the airbox area when i lift off when the car is in boost.

Andy

Comment

Re: turbo issue

Originally posted by davidof
              Like Dave mentioned the vacuum pipe comes of the vacuum box at the back of the engine!

Comment

Other people have had problems with Boost Pressure, get your dealer to check the Boost pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                  The temps shouldn't affect the car. I have a stage 1 and I have found the car to perform even better in the conditions recently. I believe Catherine has also said the same about her Vectra!
                  No one so far has reported any loss of power due to the heat. Heat is only a problem on rolling roads but on the road there is plenty of airflow.
                  Unless it is just you getting use to the power now it sounds like it maybe a problem. I know nothing about cars though so I can't help!

Yep my Vectra is now just stupidly quick, it certainly likes the warm weather

Comment

Well wait for the winter mornigs then. Cold damp misty morning air & it'll be stupid.

Not only will the induced air be colder and slighty moist the cooler will also be colder and damp also reducing the charge temps thus more dence air in to the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                      Well wait for the winter mornigs then. Cold damp misty morning air & it'll be stupid.

Not only will the induced air be colder and slighty moist the cooler will also be colder and damp also reducing the charge temps thus more dence air in to the engine.
                      I got my car on the 23rd Dec so I've already experienced this...well I should have done. I wasn't used to all that power when I got the car so I wouldn't have noticed the difference! I also got a remap before the hot weather got here so I haven't really noticed any difference in the hotter air on the standard car.

However, I certainly notice a certain 'go' in the mornings sometimes. It certainly makes for an interesting drive to work as I like to put my foot down in as it is!

Comment

Thanks for the advice - have had it checked out by the dealer and all is good again. Had to have a new exhaust put on it, though not related to my turbo 'problem' !

Comment

Working...
                        X