This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon be joining the Clan!!!

Just ordered a VXR Astra today for the wife (yeah right), Arden Blue delivery in Septemeber!!!

Hey M3power, congrats! You'll, sorry, your wife will enjoy driving it!

Where abouts in Bristol are you? I'm in Bradley Stoke and a few others are from Emersons Green that are on here. I've seen another blue one with 19s and a black one in Bradley Stoke so far.

Ian

Comment

Thx. I'm in Bridgeyate, not far from Emersons. Currently rolling in a 2005 M3 with SMG ,was very impressed how easy it was to get the VXR to go when I test drove one on Saturday, not going to swap it for the M tho although it's less than half the price!! Managed to get a great deal as my friend works for Vxl so it made it a really good buy. I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

nice one mate

Comment

Hi there,

Just to let you know I am also about to order Astra VXR in Blue, just waiting for the finance to be sorted .
          I am also in Bristol in the Bradley Stoke area, car being ordered through Drive Vauxhall at Patchway, Eventually , possible Sept/Oct 06'
          I did take one out for a test drive on Saturday 8/7/06, I thought it was awesome!!
          Will let you know when my Astra is on it's way, there does seem to be quite a number of us in the Bristol area, perhaps we can all arrange a meet, when we all have our cars
          Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

Don't know how you managed to get Drive Patchway to let you test drive a VXR. I expressed an interest in test driving a Sri 200 XP and they told me to go and hire one!!!!!

Complaint letter to Vauxhall later, two day test drive of Sri XP and test drive of a VXR!!!

Yeah good idea about meeting up. The wife will have to let me borrow it though! Hopefully going to get this sometime in September.

Comment

Originally posted by M3power
              Don't know how you managed to get Drive Patchway to let you test drive a VXR. I expressed an interest in test driving a Sri 200 XP and they told me to go and hire one!!!!!

Complaint letter to Vauxhall later, two day test drive of Sri XP and test drive of a VXR!!!

Yeah good idea about meeting up. The wife will have to let me borrow it though! Hopefully going to get this sometime in September.
              God they are crap....they did the same thing to me, so I drive 200 miles up country, test drive one, and bought it there and then....Funny thing was, I went back to Drive Patchway straight afterwards to show that they had missed a sale lol.

I'm in Winterbourne, let me know if you guys are meeting up. - If you could wait until I have had mind mapped, that would be great.

Steve

Comment

I went to Drive but I went elsewhere. I made the mistake of telling them that I was going round the dealers seeing what could be offered and they refused to give a me price until I'd gone to the others!!

I went back a few days later and said I would place a deposit today if the price was right but it wasn't low enough and I ordered mine in Chippenham. Much friendlier dealer too!

I also went to Drive to try the 3 day test drive as I wanted to see what the sport hatch was like. I had a ban on my license from 2001 so they said no even though I said I was actually interested in the VXR! I went to Chippenham and they said no problem. They couldn't understand why Drive refused...it's custom afterall!

There was talk a while ago about the Bristol based (and area) people meeting up. End of Sept, begining of Oct looks good!

Comment

At least it's not just me that has problems with the Vauxhall dealers then!! I went to 5 in the end before I wrote to Vauxhall!!

A meet near the end of Sept sounds good to me also.

Comment

Hi There

It may be that I did purchase a Vivaro van off of Drive last year, I told them I was interested in purchasing a VXR last year and I having been dealing with the same salesman and he seems to be looking after me very well, giving some discount on the VXR, not sure what yet as in the early stages of sorting monies, but looks good so far.
                    Just have to sell my current Astra in the next couple of months, but if I don't they will give me a very good price on mine as a trade in!
                    We let you know when it is officially ordered. :wink:

Comment

Hi There

It may be that I did purchase a Vivaro van off of Drive last year, I told them I was interested in purchasing a VXR last year and I having been dealing with the same salesman and he seems to be looking after me very well, giving some discount on the VXR, not sure what yet as in the early stages of sorting monies, but looks good so far.
                      Just have to sell my current Astra in the next couple of months, but if I don't they will give me a very good price on mine as a trade in!
                      We let you know when it is officially ordered. :wink:

Comment

Hi

YES!!, My Astra VXR in Arden Blue with 19's has now been ordered Can't wait for it to arrive!!! , it is a factory order so will probably have to wait several weeks for delivery, and to top it off I sold my current Astra SRi Mk4, last night!!! :wink: Brilliant!!!! .
                        Will let you all know when I pick it up, then arrange to have that meet in the Bristol area :wink:

Comment

the dealer refused to let me test drive the car as i was under 25, despite me being a genuine customer. had to take my dad with me until they let me. said is was to stop young lads coming just for a drive in a fast car.

Comment

Depends how much under 25 you are I guess, I can take there point of view but they don't do unassisted test drives in these cars anyway. I don't know about anyone else but I don't drive a car to it's full potential when I have a salesmen sat next to me!!

When I bought my own car I had it for the day, great fun until I came round a bend at a fairly fast rate and there was an accident right in front of me!!

Slight panic, wouldn't want to do the paperwork on that one!!!

Comment

YES!!! , my Astra VXR is on it's way , anticipated collection mid August 06'.
                              Really looking forward to it
                              Are we all up for this meet in Bristol when I have my VXR!???, as there does seem to be quite few in Bristol area, please post your reply or give me a call on 07768 058554.

Cheers for now

Comment

Working...
                              X