This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG brakes for your VXR........

Last week, during one of my many visits to Courtenay Jon insisted that I look at his Astra VXR and tell him what was different. At first I thought it was the fact it was dirty, those who know Jon would understand, but no, it was the front brakes, take a look…..

Jon's is the 3rd car to get the kit, the others being the Sprint car and the Blue development / Dougie’s car. Jon has got a set to give 888 some additional development feed back in an alternative road environment.

The kit is a 4 pot calliper which is available in red or blue, choosing blue means you don’t need to repaint your rear VXR callipers – something Jon worked out afterwards, plus the 343mm discs/bells.

The kit is very high quality and the one thing the photo does not show is the bracket that mounts the calliper to the suspension leg. Often it’s this bracket that lets such kits down, but this one is superb and an exact fit as is the rest of the kit.

How much, well if you have to ask………but it’s comparable to similar kits, but this time you know it will fit!

Yea yea I keep telling people it does get dirty from time to time. Keith have you given up your Job at NU to be a salesman for AP :P :P

Having driven the car for a short time and Sarah having driven the car to and from Billing every thing feels good and is ready for some serious testing.
    Dont worry Louise I know you cannot wait to get your kit, speaking to 888, you are next and you wont be dissapointed
    sigpic
    29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by A11VXL
      Yea yea I keep telling people it does get dirty from time to time. Keith have you given up your Job at NU to be a salesman for AP :P :P

Having driven the car for a short time and Sarah having driven the car to and from Billing every thing feels good and is ready for some serious testing.
      Dont worry Louise I know you cannot wait to get your kit, speaking to 888, you are next and you wont be dissapointed
      LOL! yeah my sets the next one out i know, and i can't wait
      was great to meet u guys and gal at Billing, glad i popped over for a chat :wink: x
      will more than likely be up to you guys soon and u can show me round and that x nice to hear ur enjoying the brakes

Comment

Originally posted by A11VXL
        Give me a set of those brakes as payment and I'll run naked though the houses of parliment to advertise them!

Comment

Yea but I bet you would be wearing them.

Comment

Slightly off topic but, Jon did you fit the arch liners or where they on your's any way.

mine does not have them and i think they look loads better.
            Did you manage to get the part number for me
            Thanks.

Comment

Hi Alex the liners are standard, you havent got them

Re the colour screen I have fitted, the part numbers are..

13111166 Screen Ident KS
              13126610 Bigger plastic trim section

Cheers Jon
              sigpic

Comment

Thakns Jon.

Big DOH

I do have the front liners but its the rears i was getting confused with i is such a plonker

Comment

they look so good are they as good as the 888 set up how much better than stock brakes.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                    they look so good are they as good as the 888 set up how much better than stock brakes.
                    much better than the stock brakes as far as i know x i took out one of the cars from VXPC quite a while back and had to totally change how quick i braked cos i was stopping about a meter from where i usually would away from a junction etc x will have mine on very soon so i'll post up once i've properly taken my baby out and tested them

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                      The kit has been developed by Tony and David at Triple Eight and AP Racing. The pad choice has been very importent to the VXR.
                      My discs are bedded in now and no longer green so to speak, I have a good trip to do tomorrow, so I will get a really good indication of what the set up is like. I will report back.
                      sigpic

Comment

Those brakes are brill, especially in Arden Blue !!!

I would still wish however to have matching rear disks for the overall appeal etc. Will these be available also ???

:? :? :?

Comment

Working...
                        X