X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftercare for mapped VXR's

Hello.

Guys and gals that have mapped VXR's, how often are you having to change oil, filters etc due to your map?

VXR standard service interval is 20k I believe so i'm assuming that a mapped car will be in the garages more frequently?

I know there has been alot of threads regarding detection of maps at dealers, but my main concern would be if the map is wiped off when the car is serviced etc

I have only ever been the sort of guy who would only drive a standard car, however recently my view point appears to be waivering somewhat with everyone, it appears, singing the praises of their mapped cars whether it be TMS, Coutneys, VXPC!!!. I'm sure i'm one of many that use this forum that would have never even considered mapping their VXR once bought until they came on VXRONLINE. I hate you all!!! , but seriously, a new exhaust, without a doubt, but a remap?, I just don't think I would have the bolox.

Are you not worried about selling a mapped car when the time arises?

Re: Aftercare for mapped VXR's

Originally posted by boom1
    TMS, Coutneys, VXPC....

....or Regals ... and my oil is changed as soon as it's running black (usually between 3000 to 4000 miles). also remaps can be put back to their previous state at any time....

Comment

I have never been in to serious modding, but i have had remaps on my last 3 cars and a couple of exhaust systems, and have never had any problems. When getting a remap you do have to do some research to make sure that you going somewhere very profesional. I went to vpc for my remap who where superb, as are all of the tuners are on here.
      Remap's are becoming more and more popular, so you won't have problems selling your car on.
      I have always looks after my cars well. On my vxr i change my oil every 5k-6k.

Comment

Good point boom :?
        Is it possible for a dealer to wipe the map???
        Sorry if its a stupid question

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
          Good point boom :?
          Is it possible for a dealer to wipe the map???
          Sorry if its a stupid question
          Yes I am sure it is possible, but whoever did your mapping for you will allways keep a copy of both your original map and of your remapped map, well they would if they were any of the tuners mentioned frequently here.

Comment

Martin seeing as your having the TMS map you wont have any problems, if any JT will sort it out for you

Comment

I dont doubt it for a minute its just the distance to TMS if vauxhall did burger the map

Maybe Ill go to Halfords and get myself a socket set and do my own servicing just to be on the safe side

Comment

for a normal service vxl dont usually play with the ECU, if by an off chance they did ring TMS and John may be able to sort something with your local superchips dealer,

Comment

The only reason we (or any other dealer) will need to reflash the ECU is if there is a problem with it. Standard ECU upgrades from Vauxhall (which only dealers can supply) don't affect remaps as such. All the tuners I'm sure will remap the car FOC if its remapped by a dealer in the event of it being reflashed as part of servicing, but as I said, we're the only tuner who are actually a fully approved servicing centre as well and we never reflash an ECU unless we have to.

Ref oil changes, we recommend an oil change at 1000 miles and then changes at between 5,000-7,000 miles depending on useage (track days, heat etc), however the car is perfectly fine on the standard service intervals even mapped, we just recommend to be nicer to your cars thats all :P

Comment

Working...
                  X