Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting story for Astra drivers...

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1068

Sounds very good indeed. Hopefully there will be similar exciting joint ventures for the Vectra.

Comment

looks good nice gains, is that not expensive tho? the st boys have one with about the same increase for 5-600ish fitted?

Comment

Yes that would be interesting. Kevin do you know how much it costs?

Comment

Thats great news will get the car sorted now to go up there can wait!!!Cheers guys

Comment

shame they diddnt wait for all the IC designs out there... still nice one Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by N3 VXR
              looks good nice gains, is that not expensive tho? the st boys have one with about the same increase for 5-600ish fitted?
              Sounds a lot until you see what the kit comprises of and how big the cooler is! I've seen the full kit at Billing at the weekend even includes new front fan and laser cut alloy cowl assembly.
              The price is comparable with the big intercooler kits offered for Golf's and Audi's

Comment

i like the sounds of that. looks like i had better get some overtime in at work...

Comment

Is this a diy fit im good with spanner ,if not how much fitted, {was up at courtenay last week waiting for phone call ref exhaust stock any news yet ,would i be better off getting the intercooler first, exhaust remap later??? any help would be nice cheers.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Saw the cooler on Sunday and its HUGE

i'll have to get saving for all the mods. Now that there are loads of bits out there now.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                      Is this a diy fit im good with spanner ,if not how much fitted, {was up at courtenay last week waiting for phone call ref exhaust stock any news yet ,would i be better off getting the intercooler first, exhaust remap later??? any help would be nice cheers.
                      Hi the Interccooler is fairly straight forward to fit, we have designed it so that the body work does not have to be cut, no major componants have to be moved as this would have had big implication to the manufacturers warrenty, whilst air con will not have to be discharged then regassed.
                      I would always recomend the exhaust first, as it helps the car breath especially when a remap is added. After this a map then intercooler... or even Inercooler and map :P

Originally posted by alex-c
                      Saw the cooler on Sunday and its HUGE

i'll have to get saving for all the mods. Now that there are loads of bits out there now
                      Yes it is big, It is actually only 4 rows shorter than then uprated RS500 Cosworth intercooler.
                      sigpic
                      29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

are there any comparison of temp in/out with and without the intercooler?

also how many litres is it?

Comment

Triple Eight and ourselves will be publishing full test results with information on the various envioroments the cooler was tested in complete with the temp drops etc very soon. In the mean time here are some size and volume figures to keep you going

Standard Intercooler Height 346 mm
                          Modified Intercooler Height 362 mm

Standard Intercooler Width 523 mm
                          Modified Intercooler Width 540 mm

Standard Intercooler Depth 27 mm
                          Modified Intercooler Depth 56 mm

Standard Intercooler pipe work size worst 39 mm best 49 mm
                          Modified Intercooler pipe work size worst 50 mm (clamp @ turbo 50mm long) Rest 60 mm

Standard Pipe Length to Turbo 1530mm
                          Modified Pipe Length to Turbo 720 mm

Standard Pressure Drop / Back pressure 2.9 Psi (measured at turbo outlet & plenum)
                          Modified Pressure Drop / Back Pressure 0 Psi (measured at turbo outlet &plenum)

Standard Front area 18,095 cm s
                          Modified Front area 19,548 cm s

Standard Overall Volume 398,107 cm s
                          Modified Overall Volume 1094,688 cm s

Hope this helps, Jon
                          sigpic
                          29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Working...
                          X