This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 2 who told the insurance?

I am considering getting a stage 2 for my vxr exhaust and remap, now on contacting my insurance company to see what extra i would need to pay they quoted me:
    £25 extra for full exhaust sytem
    £276 extra for remap!

now the question is i dont grudge the £25 for the exhaust its in plain view and everyone can see/hear it! However how detectable is the remap? if at all? any thoughts or suggestions.
    STEALTH

Hi there,

This thread has been run through before... consensus amongst the sensible being you're risking a lifetime of debt and despair if something goes seriously wrong with somebody else's car, property (or much much worse) life. You think an insurance company isn't gonna check if they can avoid a payout? You can't guarantee that you can retrun to roginal form before they find out - or that they won't find out you've done that.

I was'nt prepared to take any risk.... especially when after much negotiation and searching I got my Stage 2 for under £60 a year extra through NU (but I am an old git!)

Comment

I told mine Ady Flux no change

Andy

Comment

Don't even think about not declaring mods....

Apart from alienating yourself from decent car owners like the rest of us...
        you also stand the risk of losing your car.

Not a good idea.
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

question what did you tell the insurance a remap was? i phoned again and said i felt that the cost of the remap was very high i was told as they dont actually know what it is they put it in with engine mods! i.e. supercharging, big boring etc this cant be right? surely there is a term or catagory it comes into in its own right?
          STEALTH

Comment

I'm thinking of get re mapped (is that the correct way to say it?) - anyway, my insurance would increase my excess up to £500 (+£150!!) and wanted £106 for the rest of the policy (8 months).

Money for old rope comes to mind!.

Smog

Comment

Originally posted by SmegHead
              I'm thinking of get re mapped (is that the correct way to say it?) - anyway, my insurance would increase my excess up to £500 (+£150!!) and wanted £106 for the rest of the policy (8 months).

Money for old rope comes to mind!.

Smog
              Nope. That would be:

I'm thinking of getting a remap. :P :wink:

When my insurance runs out next year I'm going to Adrian Flux for a quote. Some people have not had to pay any extra following a stage 2 with them!!! I'm with Direct Line at the moment who have always been cheapest for me so far. They wanted just under £200 for a stage 2. I currently only have a stage 1 but there'll be no increase if I go to stage 2.

As regards telling the insurance about it. I decided not to take the risk. Just not worth it IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X