X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker comes out of the closet!

Just saying hi to everyone.
    I've been lurking on the board for a few months now and finally ordered one.
    After much internal arguing with myself i went for the arden blue. Never had a blue car before or seen one that looks particularly good in blue... but for me it just seems to suit the VXR perfectly.

Stuck with the 18's (women say size doesnt count so i'll find out... )

Options:
    Leather (purely for the bum heating :wink: )
    CD70
    Bluetooth
    AFL Xenons
    Rear parking sensors
    Cruise
    Climate control

Don't really need half of the options i've chosen but this is the first and probably only 'brand new' car i'll ever get so i decided to treat myself.

Quick question for anyone who might be able to help. I have a Nokia N70 phone and was wondering if that works fully with the bluetooth system, i.e. does the phone book show on the car display, etc. Also does anyone know of a suitable cradle for it that can be hardwired into the car for charging purposes rather than using the cigar lighter socket? Any help will be much appreciated.

Right i'll stop boring you all and no doubt i'll be back with more questions when i'm nearer to picking the car up.
    Thanks for all the info i've found on this forum.

If its bluetooth it is very likely it will work. The real issue with the bluetooth stuff is the services the mobile supports when communicating with the CD070. I have somewhere a list of the phones that can also be cradled and I'll check yours against the list. If you consider th BT option not really required, I for one will never order a car without it now, especially as you can use voice activation.

Comment

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car. Long wait now huh?!

You're right, blue does suit the VXR but that's a slightly biased opinion!!

Comment

Welcome to the site, and if i had bought a VXR it would of been an Arden Blue one

Comment

hi hi have sony eric k800 works like a dream all car should have this as standed yes they do a cradle for n70 but not cheep seems a lot of money just to charge phone when bt works so well

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
            hi hi have sony eric k800 works like a dream all car should have this as standed yes they do a cradle for n70 but not cheep seems a lot of money just to charge phone when bt works so well
            The cradled phone allows the up load of the phone book as well to make life a little easier,, and when using voice activation you can save an entry to the phone book. Cradle takes priority ov erthe BT. AGree however the cradles a littel too much money at about £90.00 each.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.
              As for this £90 cradle... where do you get it from? Is it sold by vauxhall?
              I've searched the vauxhall site and havent found any mention of phone cradles and googled for it but all i've found is generic phone holders and a charge lead that plugs into the cigar lighter socket.
              Price does seem a bit steep but i do need a charger and i dont really want to have leads using up my cigar socket. The phonebook features could be handy aswell.
              Thanks in advance for any more help.

Comment

Working...
              X