This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorney Stage 2

After a lot of research I decided to have the stage 2 done at Thorney Motorsport. What can I say, great results and even better service. I cant recommend TMS enough. The before and after runs on the RR proved the difference on paper but the results on the road even better. Anyone considering the stage 2 should give John a call, straight forward friendly service and no BS claiming unrealistic power increases (a couple of tuners I spoke to said they couldnt (or wouldnt) even give me the bhp figures at the wheels after completion).

If you want your car remapped properly (with proven BHP figures at the wheels) you might struggle to get better. Not only does the car pull harder in the higher gears but it is much more driveable in 1st and 2nd than the standard set up. As for the Milltek
    Anyone in the area on Friday will appreciate how hot it was yet the RR proved over 220bhp at the wheels.

Everyone has different opinions about tuners but for what its worth I dont think I could have made a better choice.

how was the drive home Martin ? i take it

Comment

It was pretty poor to start with, It took over 3.5 hours to get up past Liverpool and I never got over 60mph. Once the road cleared though it was great, managed the rest of the journey in under 5 hours!!
      I think i must have got a hole in the petrol tank somewhere on the way up though

Comment

ease off the gas and the economy improves but a difficult thing to do even months later after having the stage 2 done

enjoy mate

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
          ease off the gas and the economy improves but a difficult thing to do even months later after having the stage 2 done

enjoy mate
          Yeah right , like that will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR

enjoy mate

Yeah right

Was that a demonstration you gave me on economical driving when you took me for a spin in your car at TMS Shane??? lol

Comment

Re: Thorney Stage 2

Originally posted by m4rtc
              The before and after runs on the RR proved the difference on paper but the results on the road even better. no BS claiming unrealistic power increases (a couple of tuners I spoke to said they couldnt (or wouldnt) even give me the bhp figures at the wheels after completion).

If you want your car remapped properly (with proven BHP figures at the wheels) RR proved over 220bhp at the wheels.

Everyone has different opinions about tuners but for what its worth I dont think I could have made a better choice.

220 at the wheeles not bad my old Zafira made 224bhp at the wheeles.
              i also got a before and after RR. As for remapping properly the Zafira was done fine could not have asked for more. As for the BS dont know how you were on about, but the tuner i use they never BS its all fact.

Some of the tuners have over 20 years of Vauxhall tuning.

Courtenay Sport. the only place for MY VXR.
              as stated on this site CS in conjunction with VXRPC for development work.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR

enjoy mate

Yeah right

Was that a demonstration you gave me on economical driving when you took me for a spin in your car at TMS Shane??? lol
                that was economy driving mate
                averaging 16mpg lol

Comment

Re: Thorney Stage 2

Originally posted by alex_c
                  The before and after runs on the RR proved the difference on paper but the results on the road even better. no BS claiming unrealistic power increases (a couple of tuners I spoke to said they couldnt (or wouldnt) even give me the bhp figures at the wheels after completion).

If you want your car remapped properly (with proven BHP figures at the wheels) RR proved over 220bhp at the wheels.

220 at the wheeles not bad my old Zafira made 224bhp at the wheeles.
                  i also got a before and after RR. As for remapping properly the Zafira was done fine could not have asked for more. As for the BS dont know how you were on about, but the tuner i use they never BS its all fact.

Some of the tuners have over 20 years of Vauxhall tuning.

Courtenay Sport. the only place for MY VXR.
                  as stated on this site CS in conjunction with VXRPC for development work.
                  Fair comment, im not here to bash any tuners but 2 out of the four I called said they would guarantee 285 bhp and im not that naive. When i called John at TMS he gave me straight answers and in no way made claims about potential power outputs. Straight honest talking and the service to back it up.

Comment

dont know how you called but the Guys at CS are conservative with figs.

I could say mine has 294 bhp but it might only have 278.

When i had the GSi done i asked what sort of fig would i expect to see i was told well MOST make about 250-255 depending on milages and fuel. mine made 258 on the first time then i had a VXR turbo fitted to the ZLET and had it set up again some time after the first one and made 256 but it was a hotter day and was on 95ron. but it had a highrt torque fig. when the Cat was changed and was on OPTIMAX it felt loads better. as it was now the same spec as a mate of mine and his made 265 i belive thats what mine had.

When i asked about the CS2 MAP at billing (no other tuner on sunday) i was told that i should expect to see upto 285. but no garentee's as all engines make different fig's.

your's std might have 243 and on the same day on the same RR another one std might only have 237.

too many factors involved to say who's has the best power.

i just like the way the power comed from the CS map and i've not seen an EDS map make what its claimed to do. i would rather say i've got 285 when its making 293.

Comment

all pub talk end of the day
                      its how it feels when on the go, thats what its
                      all about :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X