This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorney Motorsport Wins Again!!!!!!

My wait is now long over, i've just got back from Thorney Motors and had my stage 2 complete. I can not thank John and Pete enough for the help and advise they have given me. The pre run and after run were fantastic considering the heat (Monday), in the rolling road booth it was 32 degrees and rising, and with both fans running it still didn't help get the car any higher than 250bh at the wheels, but when Pete told me to play before i pay I ended up coming back with the biggest grin ever (& 10 miles of MK tarmac being ripped up). The power is un-real, the control is fantastic, and the noise and popping is mind blowing. I will get pics on tommorow as it was a very long day from 6am till 9pm, but well worth it. Thanks to everyone who pushed me into having the stage 2, and anyone thinking of it, ring Thorney Motors who will not fill your mind with C**P, just good info that anyone can understand.

P.S Ian,

The fuel consumption is no longer 400+ per tank after the stage 2, i filled up in MK just after leaving, i've done 192 miles and only got just over quater of a tank left, but what the hell I've been lucky for long enough :P

Sounds like someone is a happy bunny

Enjoy it Mandy

Comment

Great isnt it
      Im burning silly amounts of fuel going up and down through the gears to get the Milltek popping...its awesome.
      Need to use the other car a bit more now, mine isnt 3 weeks old yet and its got over 3500 miles on it already

Comment

good on ya girl nice to see more girls getting remaps

Comment

Congrats Mandy. As it settles in it's gets better believe it or not, esp as the miles rack up on the engine.

Re your mileage to a tank, did you check that it wasn't in kms? I have no idea how you managed to get 400 miles to a tank. Bizzar! :?

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
            Congrats Mandy. As it settles in it's gets better believe it or not, esp as the miles rack up on the engine.

Re your mileage to a tank, did you check that it wasn't in kms? I have no idea how you managed to get 400 miles to a tank. Bizzar! :?
            i get 350 usually and i have a remap

have seen someone have 450 on their screen after fill up before though - i did tell him not to trust that tho lol x

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR

i get 350 usually and i have a remap

have seen someone have 450 on their screen after fill up before though - i did tell him not to trust that tho lol x
              Yeah and mine tells me I'll get 350 but it lies!!! :wink:

I have tried but I just cannot drive the car economically (sp?) it's just too much fun! I'm sticking to 75 on the motorway now and for the first time I managed to make a tank last a whole week. I do about 260 miles a week to work and back!

It'll be interesting to see what yours goes down to Mandy.

Comment

urs lies Ian cos of that lead foot you have

mine's not far off par really but then i used to drive my ex's 2.0 veccy and got used to having to make it economic

gonna go check my average mpg in a bit aswell me thinks,lol x

Comment

urs lies Ian cos of that lead foot you have

mine's not far off par really but then i used to drive my ex's 2.0 veccy and got used to having to make it economic

gonna go check my average mpg in a bit aswell me thinks,lol x
                  Ian im seeing a bit of a trend on these forums about your driving.....you wouldnt happen to be a bit of a boy racer would you
                  lol

Comment

We'll find out on the other forum...lol

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                      We'll find out on the other forum...lol
                      6500 miles and new tyres on Ian's VXR

our survey says...... YEP! :P lol x

Comment

Hey Louise, shush!!! :P

Well I don't think I am TBH. I do like to put my foot down and I like to make full use of the grip available on the A and B roads. I just have fun with the car really as it's soooo good to drive.

Comment

Hey Louise, shush!!! :P

Well I don't think I am TBH. I do like to put my foot down and I like to make full use of the grip available on the A and B roads. I just have fun with the car really as it's soooo good to drive.
                          LOL! couldn't help it Ian x

anyway - back to topic x

Mandy - u'll have to let us know what ur fuel comsumptions like when u've had a chance to enjoy it a bit more

Comment

Ok, here are just a few of the pics.

Re your mileage to a tank, did you check that it wasn't in kms? I have no idea how you managed to get 400 miles to a tank. Bizzar!
                            Yes i did check and it isn't kms.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Comment

Mandy - u'll have to let us know what ur fuel comsumptions like when u've had a chance to enjoy it a bit more

I sure will

Comment

Working...
                              X