This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with tyres

I went to get my two fronts replaced today (12000) and there are no conti sport contact twos available but have been offered sport contact threes instead two for £340 what do you think is this an uprated tyre it is the extra load varient

12K is good, I am at 8.3K with the Vectra and don't have a hope in hell of reaching 10K.

Why don't you look at a different brand. Michelin (expensive I know) or I Toyos.

Comment

Following on from Catherine's note, I have just looked at the Conti3 and Conti2 and there is a difference in tread, so perhaps a change to a Toyo may be worth it, or perhaps a Yoko AVS, (personally I like toyo's over Michelins and Yoko's). Mytyres are doing the T1-r for £142 admit without fitting but perhaps you know a nice man that can fit them cheaply.

However the price you got seems to be good as Mytryes where doing the Conti2 at £274 which is very expensive.

Comment

Gulp - just had the same price from a local supplier in Bristol £332......the only problem is I have only done 4,500 miles and I'm not sure they'll last much longer.

Why oh why did I buy this car!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SmegHead
          Gulp - just had the same price from a local supplier in Bristol £332......the only problem is I have only done 4,500 miles and I'm not sure they'll last much longer.

YES! Thankyou. At least I'm not the only one! I got 6400 miles from the first set of fronts. It must be these bad Bristol roads causing it eh?

Although I have the 18s, I got two tyres from Bathwick tyres on the A4 for £135 each.

Comment

Toyo T1-R's are a good boot or try R888 there is a link on another thread but here it is again.

http://www.toyo.co.uk/index.php?fuse...verter.welcome

Comment

It is interesting you say that. I have worked out with the Vectra that every 20K miles I will have gone through 2 sets of fronts and probably one set of rears. Which equates to £1002 plus the Service. I personally find that a wee bit expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR

YES! Thankyou. At least I'm not the only one! I got 6400 miles from the first set of fronts. It must be these bad Bristol roads causing it eh?

Although I have the 18s, I got two tyres from Bathwick tyres on the A4 for £135 each.
                Interesting point that you make. Have you noticed we are all from the Bristol/Bath area.

Comment

what you need to do is find some one that will sell you the boots @ whole sale prices this will save you loads.

I've enquired about the price for the Coni contact2's and was quoted £234.00 each fitted through the local tyre fitters but as i know then i get a better price. Cash also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                    what you need to do is find some one that will sell you the boots @ whole sale prices this will save you loads.

I've enquired about the price for the Coni contact2's and was quoted £234.00 each fitted through the local tyre fitters but as i know then i get a better price. Cash also helps.
                    If kwik fit fit me two new conti 2s for £340 the price for everyone from that point will be £340, kwik fit will allways try to get themselves the best deal at first but if you push them they will go down hugely, my £340 started at £450.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                      If kwik fit fit me two new conti 2s for £340 the price for everyone from that point will be £340, kwik fit will allways try to get themselves the best deal at first but if you push them they will go down hugely, my £340 started at £450.
                      Why do we always get ripped off in this country!?

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine

Interesting point that you make. Have you noticed we are all from the Bristol/Bath area.
                        Hmmmm...yeah. I only meant that in jest but yes, true. I use the A420 between Chippenham and Bristol every weekday to get home. (Use the M4 to get there.) I have noticed, when I'm going slow enough, the roads are pretty bad in places. Hate to think what it does to the tyres.

However, the wear is also due to my driving style and the fact that I love the A and B roads now. I also don't exactly go slow round the corners so I make use of that grip!

Comment

Quite simple realy, answer these questions. Are you happy to earn £5.05 per hour ? If not why not ? How much would you like to earn per hour ? When you have calculated the differance between £5.05 and your chosen hourly rate apply that percentage to the cost of the tyres original asking price in the form of a discount calculation and take that figure to the tyre shop and make em an offer. At the point at which they accept the offer carry out the calculation in reverse to work out how much the theiving git is earning per hour.
                          I did this at motorway service stations to test the theory, Little Chef, little Thief more like !!! LOL

Comment

Quite simple realy, answer these questions. Are you happy to earn £5.05 per hour ? If not why not ? How much would you like to earn per hour ? When you have calculated the differance between £5.05 and your chosen hourly rate apply that percentage to the cost of the tyres original asking price in the form of a discount calculation and take that figure to the tyre shop and make em an offer. At the point at which they accept the offer carry out the calculation in reverse to work out how much the theiving git is earning per hour.
                            I did this at motorway service stations to test the theory, Little Chef, little Thief more like !!! LOL
                            Errrr....can you explain that in simpler terms!

I'd like to earn about £15/hour....

Comment

i have heard alot of people recommend goodyear eagle f1s so think i will give them a try but not too soon i home, cars only 2 months old

Comment

Working...
                              X