This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound's

Just wondering if any one has uprated the sound system.

Looking in the book for the CDC40 and it gives an option of a Subwooferin the sounds menu.

I would like to fit better speakers and a sub.

Is the plug for the Sub on the back of the CDC40 unit?

What speakers have you fitted if any?

watch this space :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy_c
      watch this space :wink:
      i am

any news yet

Comment

You'll have to keep waiting a little longer to see my system, think it's safe to say it'll be pretty different to most VXR owners.

As for standard subs the quality is generally poor, all cars I've heard with subwoofers fitted as standard sound pants. Plus it'll last about 10mins before it goes 'pop'.

The headunit won't have any pre-outs for external amps that you can connect a sub to, there are ways around this but the best bet is to buy a new aftermarket headunit and base the system around this.

I use JL Audio XR component speakers in my car, they're fairly high end so the price reflects that. You're best setting your self a budget and looking for speakers thats fit that. Otherwise you could come home with a set of components that set you back the best part of £5k.

If you do decide to uprate your sounds I'd really recommend disconnecting the rear speakers. It's not really worth uprating these, but left standard they will let down the rest of the system. Therefore the easiet and cheapest option is to get rid.....the system will sound much better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy_c
          You'll have to keep waiting a little longer to see my system, think it's safe to say it'll be pretty different to most VXR owners.

The headunit won't have any pre-outs for external amps that you can connect a sub to, there are ways around this but the best bet is to buy a new aftermarket headunit and base the system around this.
          Ok so you pull out the CDC40? (what ever one you have) Fit and aftermarket Unit (Kenwood) then how does the board computer then work as its all part of the same unit?

Comment

With the CDC40 can you still not use the controls on the steering wheel to operate the OBC?

The OBC will still work without the standard HU....however it can be a bit tricky as it's all canbus in the newer vauxhalls. In other words it's best left to the professionals

Find you're nearest ICE dealer, NOT halfrauds, and get some advice about what can and can't be done with your system. Plus they can point you in the best direction once you've decided on a budget.

Comment

Working...
            X