This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shades

Saw another Red VXR in Peterborough AK55??? and it had some smart looking Window tints.

I would like to have the window done on ours as the MRS said it look'd very smart as not too dark and looked factory.

Who has tints and where and how much.

Any recomendations welcome.

Lou i know about yours but its too far.

Hi Alex,

We have had our done, 40% front and 70% rear. Total cost of £170.00 from a bloke in Manchester region who does all work for Manchester Police, but a fantastic job.

You can see it below on my signature banner.

If you need the details just pm me.

Comment

light smoke all round for me

Comment

A word of warning... There are legal restrictions on tinting of windows forward of the B-Pillar

Vosa Tint FAQ

Comment

As BO55 said, illegal like this!!!

johnny
          Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

thanks sorry for the delay but i've been away.

Aussie i like yours but its hard to tell how dark they are. what do the rozzers think of them

Comment

what's wrong with mine alex? lol x

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                thanks sorry for the delay but i've been away.

Aussie i like yours but its hard to tell how dark they are. what do the rozzers think of them
                sorry mate here is another pic, hope it helps and no havent had any problems as of yet

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                  what's wrong with mine alex? lol x
                  Nothing babe just wanted you to reply you know what i'm like for winding you up?

Comment

Aussie.

Thanks for the better pic. thats what i'm looking for looks just about right against the red.

Comment

IMO the tints look very good on the red, black and silver doesnt matter how dark still looks cool. on the arden blue tints dont look quite rite unless light and maybe slightly blue???

dont want to upset any1 with tints and blue as i am getting blue and really want to get tints just want to see some more in the metal.

Comment

Nah worries, did think about blue tints or even chrome fade, but know would get pulled for certain, although mine are daker than legal limit, havent been stopped yet.

mine from another angle....

johnny
                        Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

sorry but i no see it?

Comment

abit of info on tints

:Legislation::

Section 32 of the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations was amended on 1st January 2004.

This effectively banned the practice of applying virtually any tinted films forward of the B-Post (to front passenger and driver) windows on any vehicle that is to be driven on UK roads.

::Implications for the Installer and Motor Retailer::

From 1st January 2004 any Motor Retailer that sells a vehicle that has window tint films applied which reduce visible light transmission levels to below prescribed levels forward of the B-Post is committing an offence and runs the risk of prosecution under Section 75 of the 1988 Road Traffic Act with reference to Section 41 (which defers to Construction and Use Regulations).

In a similar way, anyone responsible for the fitment of window tints which reduce visible light transmission level to below prescribed levels on windows forward of the B-Post is committing an offence and can also be prosecuted under Section 76 of the 1988 Road Traffic Act.

If you have had your windows tinted it is highly likely the retailer has undertaken “the job” without providing any written receipt or guarantee (other than goodwill) so that s/he does not get prosecuted.

::You own a car that was tinted pre 1st January 2004::

If you do the police should treat you fairly as long as they do not pose a danger (limo tints).

::Percentage Tint::

Allowable light into the car
                            (Dark) 1% --------------------> 100% (Light)

The lower the %, the less light allowed through

The legal restriction for passenger and driver side windows is 30% anything less than 30% is illegal
                            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                            X