This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK JUST ORDERED 1 THEY ARE HALF PRICE AT MOMENT GONNA NEED IT WHEN THE VXR COMES http://www.beatthespeedtrap.co.uk/
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

You're probably gonna need more than that.

There are about 8 different camera types (Click me) and no all will use radar/laser. For example Truvelo uses road sensor lines. Also, if you get a laser alert, its usually too late anyway.

Me, I use the Road Angel (had the RA2 then upgraded to RA Nav), but that's my personal opinion.

Edit: I'm not saying the unit is not good value for money, at £150 it is, but it's only going to do half the job

Comment

OK CHEERS bo55 gotta try anything also got a snooper as well just have to be careful lol
      sigpic
      M.U.F.C.

Comment

I'm with u bo55 on the RA Nav, I also upgraded from RA2, only trouble is RA Nav doesn't give the same cover as RA2 (doesn't pick up Lazer).

Comment

£300...I'm a little "Skeptical" (see website link above) about this!!!!!

Comment

Road angel is good for cameras, a good friend of mine works for a company installing trackers and incar systems and have designed a blocker for hand held guns some 2 years ago. It has been on his car for that time and does work. Due to the issue on the legal side of this they do not advertise it but many directors of companies having trackers fitted or phone kits fitted onto fleet cars have this blocker fitted. The gun sends out a Doppler signal which gets blocked by the blocker fitted in the cars grill, which when returned to the gun reads ERROR. You are notified by a beep that you have blocked the 1st lazer, the gun has to wait 10 seconds before it can resend and you have chance to slow down, but remember you can be done for speeding by 2 coppers without a speed check deveice, but it is their word against yours.

Comment

if it's a ordinary cop and not traffic their speedos arent calibrated and as long as u dont admit it wont stand up in court , heard about the blocker before similar to a signal sent out to automatic garage doors etc etc
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

The word of two officers is good enough even if they are patrolling on foot.
                Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
                  The word of two officers is good enough even if they are patrolling on foot.
                  Interesting, but how do they do you for speeding if they can't tell what speed you are doing. Also I thought that a single police officer can do you if he has a calibrated speedo. I understand( and happy to be corrected) but if you do get stopped for speeding and told what speed you where doing, you need to request the certifcate of calibration and in the case of non traffix cars I understood it need to be have been calibrated at the beginning of the shift.

Comment

I had a Vauxhall signum before i got the VXR and got caught speeding so i decided to get a road angel for the arrival of the monster ..
                    the road angel is brilliant for fixed cameras but i find it usless for the white police van cameras which i found out the hard way...
                    going down a 30 MPh road i seen the white van and was well under the speed limit hoping the road angel would detect it unfortunaltly it never so i decided to go back round onto the same road for a second go to see if the road angel would detect it.. unfortunatly for me again it never detected the camera and because i was concentrating on the road angel i didnt releise that i slighlty got caught going 35 mph so i got caught speeding twice in the space of a month this cost me about £150 extra when getting my new insurance

so now im driving (when possible) carefully in my VXR which is quite fustrating when u have all that power under the bonnet

so summing up the road angel im quite let down by it
                    hope to hear your views

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy
                      I had a Vauxhall signum before i got the VXR and got caught speeding so i decided to get a road angel for the arrival of the monster ..
                      the road angel is brilliant for fixed cameras but i find it usless for the white police van cameras which i found out the hard way...
                      going down a 30 MPh road i seen the white van and was well under the speed limit hoping the road angel would detect it unfortunaltly it never so i decided to go back round onto the same road for a second go to see if the road angel would detect it.. unfortunatly for me again it never detected the camera and because i was concentrating on the road angel i didnt releise that i slighlty got caught going 35 mph so i got caught speeding twice in the space of a month this cost me about £150 extra when getting my new insurance

so now im driving (when possible) carefully in my VXR which is quite fustrating when u have all that power under the bonnet

so summing up the road angel im quite let down by it
                      hope to hear your views

I found out exactly the same with the snooper S4, picks up everything except the camera vans.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc

I found out exactly the same with the snooper S4, picks up everything except the camera vans.
                        really? im quite dissapoited considering the Road Angel says its pick up all cameras... does the S4 say it picks up camera vans?? fair dues that the laser guns are hard to detect but a mobile camera should not be a problem considering how much u pay for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy
                          Originally posted by m4rtc

really? im quite dissapoited considering the Road Angel says its pick up all cameras... does the S4 say it picks up camera vans?? fair dues that the laser guns are hard to detect but a mobile camera should not be a problem considering how much u pay for it!

Im not sure what technology the camera vans use but the following quote is from the Snooper web site:

Snooper S4 Neo Features include:

Detection of ALL fixed monitoring systems via our comprehensive database
                          Speed Limit at each accident hotspot or speed monitoring system located via GPS
                          Genuine 'Easy Fit, plug and play'. (Your S4 can be mounted on the dashboard or inside of the windscreen and powers from your cigarette lighter socket!)
                          Provides advanced warning of:

Gatso & Truvelo Safety Cameras
                          SPECs Camera Systems
                          Laser Guns
                          Digital Cameras
                          Schools (optional)

Im sure someone can explain.

Comment

hi just seen some of the replys to my original quote , just got back from my hols to find my btst detector as arrived picks up 10 different radar and laser detectors including laser speed guns so will give it a try and let you all know if its worth the £150. i spent .but at least i dont have the monthly subscription fee as like road angel etc etc keep you posted .
                            sigpic
                            M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy View Post
                              hi just seen some of the replys to my original quote , just got back from my hols to find my btst detector as arrived picks up 10 different radar and laser detectors including laser speed guns so will give it a try and let you all know if its worth the £150. i spent .but at least i dont have the monthly subscription fee as like road angel etc etc keep you posted .
                              well what did you think of the BTST ??

Comment

Working...
                              X