• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTCC Championship

Bring Back Muller , all is forgiven.

Re: BTCC Championship

Originally posted by ian.main
    Bring Back Muller , all is forgiven.
    Too right...The man could get the best out of any car and always looked like he wanted to win....

Perhaps SEAT had a bigger cheque book than uncle VX ?
    sigpic

Comment

BTCC Championship

The one thing VXR are lacking is an aggresive driver. There is nothing wrong with the car it's the drivers. Perhaps VXR should poach Matt Neal or James Thomson.

At the moment as far as I can see the VXR Drivers are only a threat to themselves.

Comment

Muller was a great driver, but the team should of also kept Turkington and dumped Smith in favour of Fabritzio {sp} Really not impressed by Chilton so there is my line up

1: Muller
        2 Turkington
        3: Fabritzio

Any1 do any better (mention Plato and your banned LOL)

Comment

sorry to say, but its the car not the drivers, not enough development work, this season the others have caught up, the car is too heavy !!!

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
            sorry to say, but its the car not the drivers, not enough development work, this season the others have caught up, the car is too heavy !!!
            The problem with the car is the aerodynamics, 888 have made a stab at smoothing the wheel arches to improve air flow (compare last season's vehicle to this) but unfortunately the Astra is not an aerodynamically designed car - its wide and blunt, the Leon and Integra are 'slippy'.

Throwing in the new Turkish driver mid season for no reason feels a bit last minute and desperate.

All the recent class VX BTCC drivers Plato, Muller, Thompson have all gone spanish on us
            sigpic

Comment

This is far more complicated than it first seems.....

The car. It was down on top speed because of the aero of the '2 box' design. The Civic had the same problem and thats why Team Dynamics went with the Integra. The Seat has a similar issue but they are allowed a 60kg weight advantage because of there supposed inferior WTC performance ...in WTC they get a aero bye on the faster circuits to allow them to compete with the Beemers etc...and if you look at the new FR version just announced check out the smooth underfloor design.
              To keep up we therefore have to get an even finer balance of vehicle set up than ever before. Couple that with new drivers and we're struggling to make the tyres last through to the end.
              Its unbelievably frustrating but Croft was better than the results suggest so we're upbeat for Donington.

Now this bit is not a moan but ). The Seats can out brake and out accelerate us now , also being 60kg lighter they can make their tyres last through the race and as they have a WTC team running they have access to all the new parts available from the spanish team.
              The Integra is neatly side stepping the rules as its not a Honda UK vehicle but it is a legal entry. It gets around the aero issue on the Civic and uses the highly competitive and reliable Civic underpinnngs.
              The MG is a great car and potentially the best on the grid. But you can't buy a new one.

So actually the only British Touring Car specification you can buy new as a road car is the SportHatch....which is why we all go to World Touring Car Spec next year and get it level again !

The drivers are all rather good and while Fabrizio doesn't know the circuits he knows how to race. We'll see how Donington goes.

Stu

Comment

BTCC Championship

After following the BTCC for many years now I still think they are lacking an aggressive driver. One decent driver can make a huge difference.

Giovanardi started to perform I thought at Croft but apparently the car let him down. Chilton doesn't have the experience yet to match the stronger drivers. He has had a few chances to win this season but always seems to crack under the pressure. Smith as they say in Golf ,is a worker. I can't see him with VXR next season.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR

Throwing in the new Turkish driver mid season for no reason feels a bit last minute and desperate.
                  He's a paying driver......I don't think 888 are going to turn down money do you?

Comment

Although im looking forward to this weekend, BTCC just isn't there in terms of excitement at the moment.

TBH, the whole thing needs to be looked at. Ford and Renault and BMW should come back, maybe Audi and Alfa as well. Would make it so much more interesting.

Or maybe even move the NA powerd class into a Turbo class just like the good old days Plenty of 2.0 Turob hot hatches about these days....

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                      He's a paying driver......I don't think 888 are going to turn down money do you?
                      Stu - Sure you can't do VXR TwinTop? :wink: How would that be for decent aerodynamics!....as long as they dont hit the roof lift button by mistake....that could be tricky....

Sounds like things will be a bit more even next season anyway

Does that mean if 10 rich wannabee Mullers turn up at 888's door tomorrow we get instant Britsh VXR Touring Car Championship? LOL :wink:
                      sigpic

Comment

We've got to use 4 door cars from 2007 so its Corsa , Vectra , Signum or Astra....

Now if you've £130k or so we can sell you a ready to go BTC car. You just need to find the other couple of hundred to run it!

Stu

Comment

BTCC Championship

Wish i'd kept my DC5 Integra it was only £15k and much cheaper than a couple of hundred k to run.

Comment

Working...
                          X