This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint protection

Various peeps have been recommending the paint shield protection to stop stone chips (www.paintshield.co.uk). Looking at their web site they have a big Scotchgard protector logo.

Does this mean that the Vauxhall applied paint protector (also Scotchgard) is exactly the same stuff? I know that 3M do have lots of products so was wondering if its the same.

Has anyone had the dealer protector applied but still have problems with stone chips? I had a similar protector applied to my Clio when I bought it new but still got stone chips pretty soon after.

Also how much does it cost for the after marker Paint Shield? I know the dealer applied one it £275, but that obviously includes interior aswell.

Cheers.

I think you will find that Paint sheild is a clear plastic type film applied to the body work, bumper bonnet and part wings. If I understand you correctly that is. The VXL dealer stuff is Supaguard which as you rightly say is a protector for the interior as well. Supaguard is liquid based and does not stop or even reduce paint stone chips in my experience.

I think persoanlly that paint shield is an excellent product for stopping/highly reducing stone chips.

That said I think the Supaguard interior protector is also very good, especially if you have children as the marks come stright off (well usually).

Comment

sparky is spot on the vauxhall protection is a top coat that stops marks/ paint fade {look at old red vauxs} not stone chips. the paint shield stuff is like a clear film which stops the stones. if you are going to donnington this weekend then so am i have a look its good stuff.Its not cheep but respray is not cheep 450 pls vat normal kit as per web 650 pls vat full bonnet kit.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
      X