This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks

Hi my name is daz and i ordered my astra about two weeks ago as a factory order from vauxhall. the other day i got an estimated delivery date of the 15th of september and to be quite honest its going to kill me waiting for it. one question i have is on the dash there is no coolant temp gauge? where is it? but on a lighter note i am very excited considering what car i have come from

Welcome to the site Daz. What spec have you ordered?

There is no temp gauge on the VXR. If the engine gets too hot a warning will be displayed on the stereo/trip computer display. The ECU looks after the engine too so no damage can be caused to the engine if it gets too hot.

You can get to the temp reading though in a 'test' mode! Press and hold the Settings button until you here a beep. Then press the BC button to go into the trip computer. Keep pressing the BC button to scroll through the various screens. Once of which displays the coolant temp.

Comment

ahh thats ok then the spec i have ordered is the rare arden blue with the 19's which i got for free both paint and wheels and the bluetooth harness. i have just sold my pulsar gtir

Comment

how many of us vxr owners are in the midlands area ie notts derby thats sort of area and also i will be along to say hello as i am going to the btcc at donnington on sunday cant wait

Comment

?????

Comment

Hey Daz.

Most Astra VXR owners are on www.Astra-SRi.co.uk generally. Quite a few are signed up here too (and other forums!).

Are you going in the convoy on Sunday? (Did Vauxhall pay for your ticket?)

Comment

erm no ian as i dont get the car till mid september factory order and all that but me and my mate are going so ill pop over at sometime during the day and say hello

Comment

Originally posted by Daz_vxr
                erm no ian as i dont get the car till mid september factory order and all that but me and my mate are going so ill pop over at sometime during the day and say hello
                Ummm...(reads back to first post)...oh yeah!

Well might see you there then! You can't miss us, 100+ VXR variants!

Comment

from reading some of the other posts i guess yours will be the one with the bald tyres

Comment

from reading some of the other posts i guess yours will be the one with the bald tyres
                    HEY don't you start! :wink:

It is true that I have got thru two sets of fronts so far. 2nd set of fronts are currently on the back while the original backs are on the front!

I'm not the only one though. A few of us have had quite quick wear rates but then admittedly I do like the A and B roads so I make use of that grip when having fun.

Depends on what sort of driving you do to. Someone else is up and down the motorway a lot and he has just replaced the original fronts after 20k!

Comment

thats ok mate its all cool just going to kill me waiting for my car to turn up hopefully i will get a good engine :wink:

Comment

thats ok mate its all cool just going to kill me waiting for my car to turn up hopefully i will get a good engine :wink:
                        Yeah, know how you feel. I ordered mine back in June last year and took delivery on the 23rd December!! I had a 6 month wait but the people who order in April had an 8 month wait!

So worth the wait though. I'd start exercising your face muscles though otherwise you'll have muscle ache from all the grining when you take delivery!! :wink:

And that grining doesn't stop either, even after 7 months and 13.5k miles!

Comment

you do have to bear in mind though ian what i have come from ie a nissan pulsar gti-r 4x4 with 360 bhp not saying there wont be a grin factor with this car as i hope there is but it wont be like i have got out of a 1.1 fiesta here is the car i have just sold and on this car i did all the work myself

i just love the shape of the astra and the way that it looks. plus the vpc looks like its a good place to go visit :wink: :wink:

Comment

360!

Err...yeah...not sure how you'll find the VXR then. It's the only hot hatch I've ever driven and most powerful car I have driven too so I find it's power and handing so be !

It'll be interesting to see how the VXR compares though.

Comment

Working...
                            X