• Options on a new VXr

I'm thinking of getting an Astra VXR with the following options:

Full leather
    CD70
    Climate control
    Cruise Control
    Bluetooth
    19" wheels

I'm going for the leather as the half cloth seats feel like sandpaper, but I'm not sure if the other options are worth it.

The CD70 sat-nav unit is only 20W per channel according to the brochure which seems quite poor to me, especially running seven speakers. Does anyone else here have such a unit?

Does the Bluetooth intergrate with the stereo so calls can be answered by pressing one of the steering wheel buttons?

Do the 19" wagon wheels spoil the ride of the car?

Hey!

Yes, the bluetooth integrates, and depending on the model of your mobile, allows phone book browseing, and voice tags as well as steering wheel control.

Ive got 19" wheels, ans the ride is, shall we say 'firm', but thats what you get in a sports car. they look great though..

As for the CD70, its certainly loud enough for me, but then i dont blast the music. I would suggest if your gonna want loud then go for an aftermarket unit of the cdc40. No point in speanding £1100 to then tak it out. As an aside, if your using the factory unit to play mp3's then you dont want it too loud anyway cos the quality does tend to suffer a bit.

HTH

Comment

I listen to Radio 4 most of the time, but do play the odd music CD.

Comment

...and why is there no DAB option on the Astra?

Comment

i beleive its something to do with the arial and roof spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by stevenlcroucher
            I listen to Radio 4 most of the time, but do play the odd music CD.
            In which case the cd70 shoulod be fine. I normally listen to radio 5 Live and its fine for that....

Its a shame we cant have DAB, it means I cant listen to the cricket!

Comment

Originally posted by SiFire
              Hey!

Yes, the bluetooth integrates, and depending on the model of your mobile, allows phone book browseing, and voice tags as well as steering wheel control.

Ive got 19" wheels, ans the ride is, shall we say 'firm', but thats what you get in a sports car. they look great though..

As for the CD70, its certainly loud enough for me, but then i dont blast the music. I would suggest if your gonna want loud then go for an aftermarket unit of the cdc40. No point in speanding £1100 to then tak it out. As an aside, if your using the factory unit to play mp3's then you dont want it too loud anyway cos the quality does tend to suffer a bit.

HTH

Also even if the mobile does not allow phone book upload, you can store names and associated numbers on the CD70. When you press the telephone button on the steering wheel, a bleep is heard and you say"call", CD70 says "name or number", you say "name", CD70 says "name please", you say your pre-recorded name. If you say number it says " number plaese", you say the number in blocks and CD70 replies "and now", when you finish the number you say "call".

Never will I buy a brand you car without this if its an option, its well cool and pxss easy to use and I never take my hands off the wheel.

Comment

Working...
              X