This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect Door Night Lighting???

Does anyone Know what the Indirect Door Night Lighting is??

This is listed as a feature of the Leather Pack in the price guide. I have compaired my car with a friends (who doesn't have leather) and they are both the same, no extra lighting in the door area.

Should there be any extra lighting when you open your door???

Its a little light in the recess around the door handle. As far as I can see ats as usefull as a chocolate fire gaurd

Comment

Thats what I thought it was, but thats standard on them all regardless of Full Leather or std trim.

Comment

Just in case you can't figure out where the handle is I assume - lol

Comment

I got my dealer to show me this.

There is a little light up where the courtesy light is that illuminates the switches below the radio - however my 06 (April collection) VXR doesn't have it so it must've been removed from the spec.
          Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

But what's that got to do with doors? Dosn't the ST have some sort of red light on the radio controls - don't they call it submarine lighting or something?

Mine's a December delivered leather model, but I'm sure there's no light other than the reading and courtesy lamps.

I was pretty sure it was the daft light over the door handle.

Comment

The indirect lighting is the little lights under the door handles, and also the light that is under the rear view mirror. (its not by the courtesy light).

Is quite cool. Have the lights on at night, then put your hand over the bottom of the mirror, and you can tell what a difference it makes.

Comment

No light under the mirror on mine.

Comment

THE INDIRECT LIGHTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DOORS ON YOUR CAR.

WHEN YOU PARK UP OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE FOR EXAMPLE(AT NIGHT) TURN YOUR IGNITION OFF, TAKE KEYS OUT TURN LIGHTS OFF AND OPEN DRIVERS DOOR.WHILST DRIVERS DOOR IS OPEN PULL INDICATOR STALK TOWARDS STEERING WHEEL. REVERSE LIGHTS AND DIPPED BEAM COME ON FOR APPROX 30 SECONDS AND HEY PRESTO YOU CAN SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING.

WHY DID VAUXHALL NOT PUT ANY LIGHTS ON THE INTERIOR SIDE OF THE ASTRA DOORS SO YOU COULD SEE WHEN THEY ARE OPEN FROM A DISTANCE. MY GSI VECTRA HAD EM.????

Comment

LEEG you've bloody well got it - your front door not the damned car door!!

I must of done that accidently one time and thought my lights were up the spout. I think I panicked within the 30 seconds and got back in the car grasping the light switches and twisting the ignition to try and turn them off. Ah well, you know what it's like when you think something's gone wrong.

LEEG, you couldn't also sort em out on the trip computer question could you, cus there's a right load of confusion going on there?

Comment

Far be it for me to ruin the theory, but the feature LEEG is talking about is called "door to door lighting", and not "indirect lighting". Also, every astra has this. its in the manual page about 134ish.

but if he wants sort out the trip computer thing then please do!!

Comment

I'll still be forever grateful to LEEG for enlightening me!!

Never thought about reverse lights before ..... they're in the indicators and light up like beacons.

Comment

red1 you'll have to thank my 5yr old boy for that little bit of info.i to was scratching my head wandering what was going on when he did it!!!

now we've cleared up the door 2 door lighting problem can somebody throw some positive light on the 'indirect night lighting' then. i assumed that it was just another term for door 2 door lighting.

as sifire pointed out that they aren't ,perhaps you could explain to the rest of us what it is?

i don't think anyone could add anything to the trip computer discussion.everything has been covered and more. what else do you need to know apart from when to refill the rocket. i don't seem to be able to get anymore than 21/22mpg around town. i spend more on polish and petrol than i do on fags and beer, i must be getting old!!!

Comment

It turns out that the Indirect Door Night Lighting is the silly little light above the inside door handle!! I asked at my dealers, they had to check with Vauxhall Technical because no one else had a clue, it's a shame that vxl advertise this pointless light as a feature of the £1000.00 Leather Pack upgrade! especially when it's on none Leather Pack cars as standard.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X