This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing a vxr wheel

can any of you good people out there advise me on changing the wheels on my vxr atra,the question is how to jack it up ???????is it poss to purchase a standard astra jack kit (can not see any jack points under car)
    poss due to side skirts or do you have to use a trolly jack
    any brainwaves would help

If you can afford a VXR .... you can afford a man to do it for you :wink:
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

ok i know you get three years aa cover etc etc and who says i can afford the car ????? it does not belong to me it belongs to the finance company but just need the info if i want to get the wheels off.

Comment

you can jack the car up yourself. there are notches on the underside which show you where plus you need to buy the jack and wrench from your dealer £26 and £6 respectively.
        STEALTH

Comment

Just keep safety in mind....

I need to take mine off this weekend, swap front to back.
          tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
          The truth is out there ...

Comment

hi michael read your reply regarding the 3 yrs AA , is this standard for all owners of the vxr ? i'm buying mine through a company in manchester and i havent been told about this . what else do you get ?
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
              hi michael read your reply regarding the 3 yrs AA , is this standard for all owners of the vxr ? i'm buying mine through a company in manchester and i havent been told about this . what else do you get ?
              as far as i know you get three years aa cover.the first year is full cover
              the next is just breakdown cover though i may be wrong.the cover is standard with all vauxhalls.
              worsy i bet the wait for the car is killing you but belive me it is worth it

Comment

happy days saves me going out buying it now cheers for that i'll check with the dealer .... your not wrong seem's like years since i ordered it my superchipped 1.4 astra ls is getting boring lol
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I read on the Vauxhall web site something like 3 years cover free, the last 2 only if you get your car serviced at a Vauxhall dealers.

Asked the dealer about this when I bought the car and he said that you only get 1 year full cover, nothing more.

If you are already in the AA/RAC remember to tell them to put your membership on hold rather than a refund (you won't get much), that way once the freebie runs out your previous membership continues as normal - you lose nothing.

Comment

Igot 3 years cover with mine 1st is full 2 and 3 breakdown only

Comment

i was told that i will get get three years "platinum" AA cover including europe but have to keep vauxhall service history, i hope this is true?!

Comment

The AA cover is full + europ in the first year

Years 2 & 3 is just road side asistance.only if you have it serviced at a Vauxhall dealer. BUT if you contact the AA on the number on the card you can pay for the full cover for the years 2 & 3 for £119.00 thats £59.50 a year but you will need to pay it in one go.

As for the Jacking points. The VXR shell is a std Spotr Hatch shell as for a base SH. so the Jacking points are in the same place but you'll need to look as the skirts are rather deep.

Comment

It might be worth checking before you get one, I know on my astra SRi-turbo (Mk 4) the screwthread part of the jack gets extremely close to the skirt when jacking it up.

You never know, it might be another reason the spare was ditched (apart from cost savings, of course!)
                          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

well there is always another option that i have i just go to the local tyre and exhaust fitters and get then to do it for me i give then £5.00 for the dinner pot and their well happy.

Comment

The jack is a scissor type jack and comes no where near the skirt while lifting. Its a different type entirely to what vaux used to use.

I tried using one off our Corsa and it would have chewed a huge chunk out of the skirt.

p.s an 18" wheel fits nicely in the wheel well
                              Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Working...
                              X