This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control......at last

Had my Astra VXR in the dealers last Saturday (met SR06VXR = Steve when I was there) and the Vauxhall monkey took 4 hours on the Tech 2 to `switch on` the Cruise control......no success + he ****** my fuel guage (it read 1/4 tank too much) + extra light on dials illuminates which shouldnt . Took it back this Saturday and another mechanic fixed the fuel guage/extra light and switched the Cruise on within an hour. Cruise control now works a treat (light on speedo for the Cruise works also)
    So if you get a knowledgeable mechanic ........ it seems to be no problem to switch on the Cruise Control.

I hope you only paid for the 1 hour?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
      I hope you only paid for the 1 hour?
      Didnt pay at all :wink: Car was going in to get new dials then I told them "um my Cruise aint working"

Comment

Scooter - did you put the bits on for your cruise control?

If so, what's the rough cost?

Ta.
        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher

Ta.
          For the Cruise Control
          The clutch + brake switches were already fitted and plugged in to my Astra VXR, I only had to buy the indicator stalk- part no: 13129642 = £27.95 + VAT
          When I asked several weeks ago about adding Cruise Control, I was told by the same Dealer that it wasnt possible ........ then when I asked one of the mechanics I was told it wasnt just a 20 min job it was a full reprogramme that takes hours, turns out the guy assigned to the job was THE SAME MECHANIC I ASKED and took under an hour, that included him pissing about as I watched him from the Viewing area.

For the Air conditioning
          I also bought the Air Guide for the glovebox- part no: 13129642 = £1.27+VAT

Comment

I assume the brake switch has to be there for the lights anyway, I'll need to check the clutch switch and then buy the stalk!

Ta! I've yet to pick mine up (September seems so long away still!)

I'll have to have a look and see what's there and what isn't - I wonder if the bods at the dealership will tech2 it for nowt for me? Maybe not then!!

Thanks for the info!

and what on earth is the airguide for the glovebox then?
            Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
            Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Inside the glovebox on the right hand side there is a hole, in the hole there is a rubber `cap` ..... pull this cap off with long nosed pliers and clip in the `Airguide` ................. when you put your Aircon on.......`Hey Presto` cool glovebox .............. or warm Glovebox (if its on hot setting)

You can close the Airguide if you dont want any hot/cold air at all. :wink:

Comment

ive just paid £150 for cruise control.. car was only in the garage for 2 hours....
                my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR
                  ive just paid £150 for cruise control.. car was only in the garage for 2 hours....
                  Think of it like this...... its a £200 option ........ you paid £150 ........ so you still saved £50 .......... send me £10 ......... and your still up £40

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter
                    Originally posted by sandyVXR
                    Think of it like this...... its a £200 option ........ you paid £150 ........ so you still saved £50 .......... send me £10 ......... and your still up £40
                    thats funny i like it.

I also paid £200 for the cruise but the difference is its now listed under the VIN number so in the event of a total loss i can claim it back off the insurance as itf they dispute it a brake down of the VIN will show all options spec'd from new.

Comment

Inside the glovebox on the right hand side there is a hole, in the hole there is a rubber `cap` ..... pull this cap off with long nosed pliers and clip in the `Airguide` ................. when you put your Aircon on.......`Hey Presto` cool glovebox .............. or warm Glovebox (if its on hot setting)

You can close the Airguide if you dont want any hot/cold air at all. :wink:
                      Cheers for that, now got a cooled box , was wondering if it could be done ...

Comment

Ta.
                        For the Cruise Control
                        The clutch + brake switches were already fitted and plugged in to my Astra VXR, I only had to buy the indicator stalk- part no: 13129642 = £27.95 + VAT
                        When I asked several weeks ago about adding Cruise Control, I was told by the same Dealer that it wasnt possible ........ then when I asked one of the mechanics I was told it wasnt just a 20 min job it was a full reprogramme that takes hours, turns out the guy assigned to the job was THE SAME MECHANIC I ASKED and took under an hour, that included him pissing about as I watched him from the Viewing area.

For the Air conditioning
                        I also bought the Air Guide for the glovebox- part no: 13129642 = £1.27+VAT

Just copied those part no's down for future reference and noticed they're the same number. Can you repost the numbers please, cheers!

Comment

Sorry about that it should be:
                          Air Guide (for glove box) - 13115964 = £1.27 + vat
                          CC Switch (indicator stalk) - 13129642 = £27.95 + vat

Comment

Sorry about that it should be:
                            Air Guide (for glove box) - 13115964 = £1.27 + vat
                            CC Switch (indicator stalk) - 13129642 = £27.95 + vat

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X