This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Alloys

I just spent the afternoon removing the VXR Alloys and cleaning them, there seemed to be a `waxy` spray deposit on the inside, could this be the protective wax that is sprayed on the body before delivery to the dealers. Any good ideas for others how to get it off.

Yes it is the anti corrosion wax. I think the factory said "oh its for the Uk, we'd better soak it in wax" :P

All of my wheels were covered in it, there was some on the side skirt and some on the back bumper....

Polish will fetch it off bodywork without much effort but on the wheels you'll either need loads of elbow grease or use white spirit (don't rub too hard and makre sure you polish and wax afterwards). A tar and bug remover may fetch it off too.
    Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

I believe the wax is applied because the cars are shipped over from Belgium. It's because of the salt water. The wax on the underside of the car should burn off but the rest of it should come off in PDI when the car is washed and prepared for collection I think.

If you want to get rid of the wax just get a cheap car shampoo from Halfords, that'll shift it!!! (Hence why I use Megs stuff!)

Comment

Meguiars shampoo doesn't shift it - thats what I use. The polish will remove it though, just seems a shame to waste good polish fetching underseal off!
        Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Megs bug and tar will shift it....just done mine a week or so ago.
          sigpic

Comment

WD40 mate its the only way to go! :wink:
            STEALTH

Comment

Working...
            X