X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please New VXR Owner

Hey PpL

Just bought a VXR everytime i turn right of left (or go around a roundabout) more the 30 MPH it feels like i'm going over loads of little bumps is this just something wearing in or is something wrong.

Please Help..

Sounds like buckled wheels or bearings. Was it new but either way get it back to a dealer and stupid thought just check the wheels are tight

Comment

Have you checked to see if the travel chocks are out of the springs.

Stu

Comment

Dealer

Yeah it is New so im going to take it to the dealer. Cheers for the advice ppl. I'll check the springs and Tyres aswell.

Amz

Comment

Well if its new, Stuart's idea sounds much better.

Comment

How do you check the travel chocks are out of the springs??

Amz

Comment

Take a peek under the front wheelarch. The springs should be easily visible , if there is a 2 or 3 fingered block of plastic wedged into the spring pop round the dealer and ask them to take it out....then ask who PDi'd the car....

Stu

Comment

Thanks

Cheers for you help PPL i'm going to have a look after work and i'll let you know 2moro. Bleedin Dealerships!!

Thanks

Amz

Comment

Vauxhall Man

Had a look last Night couldnt see anything in the springs. I told my uncle who works for Vauxhall...He took it for a test drive and now the bumps only come when you turn right!! So he thinks maybe something to do with the shock absorbers and i'm going to book it in for a check up 2moro. He said also because the supsenion is stiff and i have low pro tyres it may be something to do with that. But no other VXR has that problem..do they?

Amz

Comment

Where are you based, perhaps we havea VXR near you that you can compare

Comment

VXR'd

Im based in Reading i dropped my animal at the dealship this morning. Very Peeeed off as its not even a week old!! If they dont come back to me this morning with a easy fix solution..I WANT A NEW ONE!!

Comment

Any further news on this Young? What happened at dealership?

Comment

Arrrgghh

Asked me to do a couple of hundred more miles because they said it maybe something wearing in. But same problem still dropped it back to the dealship on tues. i said i want it fixed by friday and some compensation or i want a brand new one.

Comment

So what happened?

Comment

Still at the dealship

The Car is still at the dealship they are saying they dont know what the problems is. They said they are going to replace parts until the problem is solved!!!! Very annoyed. I have had my VXR since 4th August and i have only driven it for 6 days. I reject the car when i spoke 2 the branch manager. He asked me to give him a chance to fix it so they have two weeks or they said they will give me a full refund. But i also stated i wanted compensation. The most annoying thing is they said they couldnt insure me on a courtesy car as i am to young. And they would only offer me a corsa!!! Very annoyed and i am waiting to here about compensation. Anyone had a similar experience!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X