This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have done it

I am back, believe it or not I have just ordered a brand new Astra VXR with the mandatory 19's and Xenons. Arden Blue.

Didnt think I could afford it but I have been given a generous part exchange and over a 5 year HP it is good. I will of course keep it showroom condition and personal plate it with a cheap Irish Reg to hide its age when it gets older. It will be a 56 plate.

Does anyone know whether they are planning to facelift the car at all? I always worry that the car might be facelifted just after I have bought it? Even if it does, I doubt the looks of the car will age that quick, it is awsomely beautiful! And I am slowly coming round to the idea of older models of cars, as long as they are good examples and don't bear the original plate (e.g. R826 YHS, Uggggh Yuk), then they are respectable.

Are you sure you want the 19's?

Comment

Oh yes, need them? Why? They look far better!

Comment

True, looks yes. Anyway nice to have you onboard at last, is it a factory order or from stock.

Comment

i think the 18's have a more aggressive look over the pretty 19's which now are to common, 18's have a more exclusive feel to them plus they do give a better ride and handling, i remained with the standard with view to upgrading but the 18's have grown on me and suit more so now especially after dropping the ride by 30mm all round but each to their own i say

no word out about a face lift to the H models for 07

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
            i think the 18's have a more aggressive look over the pretty 19's which now are to common, 18's have a more exclusive feel to them plus they do give a better ride and handling, i remained with the standard with view to upgrading but the 18's have grown on me and suit more so now especially after dropping the ride by 30mm all round but each to their own i say

no word out about a face lift to the H models for 07
            Yeah, 18s look much nicer

Comment

18's look like they are shared with the Focus ST.

Booooooooooooooo

Comment

Not this old chestnut ! 18s 19s ???
                The popular choice is the 19, says it all !!!
                Bigger footprint = Better Traction

Comment

Oh come on, I didnt mean to start an argument. Yes it is a factory order, estimated to be October. Total cost os £21K, does that sound fair for a new car, 19's, Xenons, Paintstick, Mats and discounts off first two services? Privelage have quoted me £640 Fully Comp, anyone recommend any others to try?

I just want the 19's as I prefer them, I like the way the huge wheels sit with the bulbous bodykit and make the car look like sex on wheels!!!!!

Comment

19's = common

18's = better handling and less unsprung weight

its been a while

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie

19's = common

18's = better handling and less unsprung weight

its been a while
                      Shane always right

Everyone else

Sounds like youve ordered a cracking car there Police_Driver

But from what i have read on here, the VXR's do tend to handle better with 18's but look much much better with 19's.

Enjoy your car

Andrew

Comment

Congrats Police driver.

Don't worry about the size of the wheels. It's age old banter between us existing VXR owners. Just don't mention the colour...we're even worse on that!!!

Comment

I do prefer the look of mine with the 19's, but i will be swapping them for a nice set of them lightweight wheels...

Comment

I think the facelift is due early 08, doesnt look as good as current car.

And good choice on colour and wheels

johnny
                            Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

I've driven 18s and 19s on the VXR and the difference is just sooo tiny....18s handle a *little* better on the twisties 19s handle a *little* better at speed...you have to be pretty **** to bother about the difference...

Comment

Working...
                              X