This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 - 07 models

Have found out today that the vxr i have on order ( due in 1 month ) is an 07 model ( in black) can any 1 tell me is there any difference in style or mods from the 06 model , also read somewhere about powder coating the wheels to preserve the rims a bit better is this a clear finish ? please any feedback much appreciated ta
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

I found that out a few weeks back. I ordered with the 19" wheels which have been upped an extra £100 for the new model, and the dealer was trying to get me to pay it even though we already signed a contract the week before.

Had a 'heated' discussion with the dealer and threatened to pull out on principle rather than cost and eventually he gave in and said he would incur the cost.

After checking out the contract though it seems the dealer was doing the normal thing. It states something like if Vauxhall change the price of the car/options between signing the contract and getting it delivered the dealer will pass the cost onto the customer. Although the customer does have 14 days grace to back out of the contract and get their full deposit back. Spoke a little more to the dealer about this and he said that in these circumstances, once the car enters production the dealer has to 'buy' it from Vauxhall even if the customer pulls out - harsh or what.

Other than that don't know what other changes there are.

Comment

YEH WELL THEY CAN AFFORD THE £100 ANYWAY LOL happened to me i ordered mine and a few days later they rang to say i was getting a 07 model and it was a couple of hundred quid more paying £19,642 for mine comes in a month , worth every penny
      sigpic
      M.U.F.C.

Comment

after telling me that i would need to wait another month i think my dealer would be to scared to ask for more money!

expected 7th sep, you think it will be affected by new pricing?

Comment

not now i dont think how long's it been on order ?
          sigpic
          M.U.F.C.

Comment

I ordered mine which is a factory order and due in October, I have been told nothing about any model year or any difference in spec. The Astra should't change at the earliest until end of 2008, and we all know predicted face lift times are often later than quoted.

Comment

probably a tax inflation price brought on by the goverment cos it's the only way to get cash HIT the drivers again lmao
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

06-07 might be some tiny little differences

like mine is an 06 modle and has Chrome strips down the side under the window but ive seen older (55plate) with out.

Comment

ok cheers , suppose i'll find out when it comes
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                    06-07 might be some tiny little differences

like mine is an 06 modle and has Chrome strips down the side under the window but ive seen older (55plate) with out.
                    Will I get chrome then? My dealer thought not and the 55 demo vehicle I drove did not have them. Mine will be a 56 plate...

Comment

i would think so as mine has it

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                        I ordered mine which is a factory order and due in October, I have been told nothing about any model year or any difference in spec. The Astra should't change at the earliest until end of 2008, and we all know predicted face lift times are often later than quoted.
                        The MY year changes are not always facelifts and often or not they are minor things, like adding "light and sight" packs or perhaps xenon's. These are only examples not what is happening. Your car will be MY07 car.
                        Order books where closed back in July for MY06, and no this does not mean that the dealer will not take an order just that the factory closes for any new orders whilst it updates the production line machinery for MY07 and holidays etc (sure VXL will correct if this is not the case) .

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                          Originally posted by Police_Driver
                          The MY year changes are not always facelifts and often or not they are minor things, like adding "light and sight" packs or perhaps xenon's. These are only examples not what is happening. Your car will be MY07 car.
                          Order books where closed back in July for MY06, and no this does not mean that the dealer will not take an order just that the factory closes for any new orders whilst it updates the production line machinery for MY07 and holidays etc (sure VXL will correct if this is not the case) .
                          On an interesting note on this, logic dictates, and I have heard from good sources, that like anything mechanical, drill bits, machinery and parts will erode and become less precise after time. What I am saying is that out of 100 cars made, the first 10 will have been made with more precision than the last 10 as the machine parts will have ended their life span and need changing. My dealer said the factpry closes in August... could thos be in line with what you are saying Sparky, and If so I can assume that my car will be one of the first made with the new machine bits?

Comment

PD , I can't really comemnt on that as I just don't know how the factory operate. I suspect that machine bits get replaced frequently over the year long production time not just once a year and the tolerances are frequently checked. Guess Stuart or Dougie will know much better.

Comment

mine comes in september also........... september 15th to be exact and i really cant wait. spoke to my dealers and they say its an my07 that i will be getting and that the only difference they know about is the wheels have gone from 500 quid to 600 quid but i wont have to pay that 100 quid because i ordered mine before the price changed (the fact that vxl gave me the paint and the wheels foc if i ordered one makes no odds) lol

Comment

Working...
                              X