This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dump valve

hi ya, had my vxr for 2 months now and love it to bits (black one)
    wanting to get a dump valve for it, Courtenay Sport can do one that shouldn't f**k it up, as i head some dump valve can, any one got any thoughts on this.
    most greatful for some advice. :?

Re: dump valve

Originally posted by sibermanvxr
    hi ya, had my vxr for 2 months now and love it to bits (black one)
    wanting to get a dump valve for it, Courtenay Sport can do one that shouldn't f**k it up, as i head some dump valve can, any one got any thoughts on this.
    most greatful for some advice. :?
    Courtenay would be the place to go if you really really want a DV fitted.
    Jon is also honest enough to explain that the only way of maintaining driveability is to have 2 DV's fitted.
    Keep the original in place and then add the new courtenay DV.
    Otherwise you may get a flashing TC light and a fuelling issue.
    Only thing is it makes the new unit lose a little of its whoosh noise.
    Dump Valve = Renault 5 GT turbo?
    sigpic

Comment

Hi there, Does anyone know where I could get a one of these fitted up here in Durham? Do you lose any power and do you only need one? Also, do you think it will invalidate the warranty?

Thanks,
      Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SILVERVXR_LEE
        Do you lose any power and do you only need one? Also, do you think it will invalidate the warranty?

Thanks,
        Lee

Ok you should not loose any power infact it should make it a bit more responsive as the idea behind the dump valve was for cars with loads of boost.

The DV lets out the exess boost when you change gear allowing the turbo to keep spinning if you didn't let off the boost the turbo could stall and then take a few seconds to spool up again.

Vauxhall (like most manufactures) fit a std DV to the engine for this purpus but its very quiet, if you want to sound like a boy racer and have loads of noise then have a Bailey piston type DV26D you could fit it your self

like BLACKVXR said DONT touch the std one just 'T' the new DV with the fuel pressur reg.

Call Courtenays for advice.

ps. i wont be fitting one to mine

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/page119.html

Comment

Originally posted by SILVERVXR_LEE
          Hi there, Does anyone know where I could get a one of these fitted up here in Durham? Do you lose any power and do you only need one? Also, do you think it will invalidate the warranty?

Thanks,
          Lee
          Hi Lee,

Turbopacs at Dragonville, Durham would fit a dump valve for you. They quoted us £240 inc. fitting and vat, but we decided against getting one fitted, so I can't comment on how good Turbopacs are.

However, if you do decide to get one fitted, I would recommend Courtenay - a long way to go from Co Durham, I know, but they know what they are doing! and its a good excuse for a blast out! We used them for a remap and dump value on our old Astra GSi and couldn't fault them.

Hope that helps.

Comment

fit it you self its easy £105 valve lmf £65 for pipwork courtenay £2.50 vac pip all done in less than 20 mins.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
              fit it you self its easy £105 valve lmf £65 for pipwork courtenay £2.50 vac pip all done in less than 20 mins.
              easy if you know what you are doing

Comment

When I bought mine from Courtenay's (for my SRi-Turbo) it came with pretty good instructions that were dead easy to follow.
                Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

think i would rather cough up a little bit extra and get it done correctley,last thing i want is to **** it up and **** the engine or ecu

Comment

ok thats fair i see what you are saying and i agree with you, but if you wanted to give it a go, the courtenay web as lots of help

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

just give them a call and ask for their advice

Comment

Fitted a Baileys one to my mates mk5 Astra run like a bag of ****!!!

If you do fit one you need to fit the spacer ring in where the std one sits.

I took my dump valve, the car runs much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dan
                          Fitted a Baileys one to my mates mk5 Astra run like a bag of ****!!!

If you do fit one you need to fit the spacer ring in where the std one sits.

I took my dump valve, the car runs much better.
                          thats what happens when you mess about with the std one.

HERE is a link to Courtenays web site and the info they provide ref DV.

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/page119.html

Comment

Best thing to do is not run a dump valve!!!!

Comment

I know someone running one without any problems, it was fitted by courtenay

Comment

Working...
                              X