Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR PICS - Let me know what you think?

I do like the car in Silver, really growing on me.

BUT You do need the adhesive black plastic 'B pillar' trims for the doors - I think the part numbers are 13166389 and 13166390.
    Your dealer should fit them FOC, missing I think even on 06 cars, but if not they are about £3 the pair and easy DIY with a hairdryer
    sigpic

Comment

looks good but yah as Mark said see your dealer about missing b-piller trims, finishes it off

Comment

Nice pics mate, i have a silver too, and in one or two of your pics your rear bumper looks a slightly darker shade to the bodywork, a bit like what it is on mine too!, can vauxhall not paint or what!, there are a few silver with the same problem.

Comment

The car looks great in Silver, still my favourite colour. It is disappointing about the colour matches on the bumper but I'm afraid you are in good company. Many of the manufactureres have the same problem, including Audi and VW and its spread over many of the models.

I ordered my Astra (when i was getting one) in the Silver and still think it looks the most aggressive.

Comment

Anyone got pix of before/after on these B-Piller trims?

Comment

I don't think it's just vauxhall that can't paint! I've seen it on loads of other brands too.

If you are painting onto different materials, you end up using different base coats etc. and apparently this can affect the final colour.

I've noticed it on my arden blue one (in the dealer, it's their demo - cant get it till september!)
              Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
              Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Cheers for your comments so far!

I have notice some of them do have slighlty different colour match with the bum end! But I think on mine its more to do with the quality of my camera rather than Vauxhall! Its a camera phone I used.

I have polished it and polished it (trying to find a difference) and fail to see it.

PS - I havent seen the black B pillars on a silver one yet, but i think that all of the Astras look better with the Pillars being colour coded rather than having that part in Black!

Does anyone else agree with this?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                  Anyone got pix of before/after on these B-Piller trims?
                  Ill post some shortly

Nice car mate, silver is my favourite, they still look much better in the "flesh"

Comment

Originally posted by nixoni

PS - I havent seen the black B pillars on a silver one yet, but i think that all of the Astras look better with the Pillars being colour coded rather than having that part in Black!

Does anyone else agree with this?

Ian

sorry mate looks better with the b pillar trim,
                    gives the side windows a flowing one piece look

Comment

Before

After

I think it looks better with them, if you want them your dealer should fit for free, mine did anyway.

Mine is an 06 plate too but no chrome strips either although i dont think it makes too much difference on a silver vxr anyway.

Comment

Ive just been looking at the pics of mine, i think the colour match is exaggerated in photos as ive never noticed it that bad whilst standing looking at the car. I dont mind anyway i was a big fan of the old polo

Comment

I think they would look ok if they where painted???

Comment

Looks much better - Is it the same for the other colours?

Comment

You are completely right about the bumper colour match - they are all the same. I had one of the first and was told that the delay on the initial launch was due to a paint problem on the plastics. I'm not sure if that is true, indeed the side rub strips and the rear top spoiler look a perfect match, the problem is only affecting bumpers.

Unfortunalety I busted my front under spoiler (beware - this is low!) and was told by the body shop that all car bumpers are the same, due to the fact that manufacturers are unable to "cure" the paint in ovens as they do with the metal body. To repair they determine the main colour number and then get a swatch of about ten variations of that colour (the variation is extremely slight inbetween), and my repair was perfect match for the top section of bumper, which as you say is different to the body.

Note that this does not affect the outrageous performance!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X