X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• young drivers and insurance

hello all

This is for the people aged 18-23. what are people paying for the insurance on a astra vxr and who it is with????

cheers, ian
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

hi i am 22 and i am paying £880 from bell direct

Comment

i have just turned 19 and my insurance is £2600 fully comp £1000 xs with groupama but only because it is on a fleet policy.

Comment

24 Male, 7 Points November 2001, 4 yrs No Claims, Garaged, 6000 miles a year...

£620 Fully Comp Direct Line

Comment

so glad i'm 43 feel gutted for you lot paying that much but hey you got a vxr u can afford it
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

23, full comp, o no claims, 1100 elephant

Comment

Originally posted by sibermanvxr
              23, full comp, o no claims, 1100 elephant
              Funny as my elephant quote was 1500 and that is with 4 yrs no claims, 6000 miles a year non commuting, max excess, 24, licence 6 years, police advanced licence, locked and garaged and no claims...

Comment

Well, all I can say is I'm glad I'm an ol' git

Comment

Me too! (That I'm an old git, not you, Boss!)
                  Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                  Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

snap
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

28 yrs old, 4 years no claims protected, £250 Excess, Courtesy Car, Legal Cover, 12000 Annual (Social, Domestic, Commuting), 5 1/2 Years License, No Points £542.85 - Admiral

Comment

cheers for the replys people

just been looking round for a few quotes 2day... went on moneysupermarket.com
                        bell quoted me £770 full comp, £500 exsess with 4 years no claims... rest of them on there quoted me from £2,250 up to £2,935

what a rip off.....but £770 isnt to bad to say im neally 22... i think i will still look round alittle more, im paying around £700 with a german insurance company at the mo...
                        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

I rang up Admiral after looking at AlexFi Quote and I am 27 yrs old 6 years no claims doing 8000 miles a year and live in Wigan I also have my wife on the policy and they asked what car does she drive so I told them a VX220 Lightning which she has owned for nearly 2 years she has 7 years no claims and she is 31!! My Quote from Admiral £1300 !!!!!!

I'm currently with Adrian Flux and they better any quote I ever get by matching, then knocking off £30 so my cheapest quote so far is with Privelidge at £653. So I look forward to my renewal in October when my VXR arrives as Flux don't qoute until 2 weeks before the policy begins!

Andy

Comment

Jings, what a difference between quotes when there isn't much between your details and mine. Just shows how messed up the insurance market is that the same company can have such a difference in quotes for what is the same car.

Comment

Your right mate, they said that everyone's circumstances are different and that is the way it is!!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X