X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW OWNER NEEDS AN ANSWER

HI GUYS JUST JOINED
    GOT MY VXR TWO WEEKS AGO, LOVE IT JUST A QUICK QUESTION, WHEN I TURN IT ON THERE SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE BIT OF CLUTCH NOISE, ANYBODY ELSE HEARD THIS
    THANKS
    TONE

i think i now what you mean, if your not sure get it checked by vaux.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I also have this, have you found out any information on this yet?

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

I assume it goes when you put your foot down on the clutch?

Comment

Only thing we have noticed is that when you pull away you hear a slight clunk as though a pedal hasn't quite been fully released and by pulling away it is fully released.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
            Only thing we have noticed is that when you pull away you hear a slight clunk as though a pedal hasn't quite been fully released and by pulling away it is fully released.
            mine does this as well and so did my mates old fiesta zetec-s and it was something to do with the traction control on his and was normal. dont know if its the same thing though

Comment

I get the same kinda noice was I've travelled about 15-20 metres in car, and the low clunk seems to come from the front suspension, almost as if something has just moved into place. Doesn't seem to cause any problems apart from a little amount of worry from me but as I've done 3K miles and no issues other than the noise then I think its ok. if something does happen will take it back to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                I get the same kinda noice was I've travelled about 15-20 metres in car, and the low clunk seems to come from the front suspension, almost as if something has just moved into place. Doesn't seem to cause any problems apart from a little amount of worry from me but as I've done 3K miles and no issues other than the noise then I think its ok. if something does happen will take it back to the dealer.
                Folks, It is very likely to be the ABS test which will occur and sounds like a spring clonk and can be felt through the brake pedal and the steering column. This type of noise is OK. I am not saying this is the noise from the original post but I certainely think its the noise Alex you may be getting. The usually occurs once the car gets to 4-10mph, where the ABS does a system check. Also it would not be uncommon to get a few clonks and rattles when the iginition is initially turned on as the system startup, like electric power steering adn ABS units .

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                  Folks, It is very likely to be the ABS test which will occur and sounds like a spring clonk and can be felt through the brake pedal and the steering column. This type of noise is OK. The usually occurs once the car gets to 4-10mph, where the ABS does a system check. .
                  This would be the ABS system activation as the ABS does not work below about 5mph

Comment

Alex C, Take your point mate but I always understood that the system performs a check whilst the car is moving for the first time from ignition at what ever the mph is that it does it at. According to manuals the system is ready for use once the ABS light goes out.

Either way happy to be corrected , learn something new every day.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the info, wasn't particularly worried about it as thought it was probably ok, but what little fear was there is now dissapated. Cheers.

Comment

hey guys soz took so long, noise still ther but no probs, shes a beautiful piece of kit, thanx for you help
                        tonyboy

Comment

What on earth are you lot on about??

Comment

yeah no worries with the noise on set off, my old GSi used to do it. Vauxhall said it was the ABS.
                            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

No funny noises on mine mate? Get once over for peace of mind though.

Comment

Working...
                              X