This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofit Bluetooth

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can have the bluetooth option fitted post production. I have the CDC70 Sat Nav and can see what I think are the buttons/fitments for it but wasn't sure if this could be done. If someone does know, any idea on cost? Cheers

does anyone no if u can do this

Comment

to be honest the bloody problems ive had with my factory fit bluetooth I wouldnt recommend it.

Its been back to garage 3 times, and still not fixed, all the VXL engineers seem to know nothing about bluetooth, they even said 'weve never ever seen one before'

Try getting a parrot aftermarket system fitted instead.

Comment

SiFire

What sort of problems have u been having, coz mine's playing up and I'm about to have it booked in at my dealers.

Pete

Comment

I have had no probs at all with mine , but very interested to know the problems happening to others. of course the fitting may vary slightly in the Vectra.

Comment

It just doesn’t work very well!

The car connects to the phone, then disconnects. It then proceeds to do this repeatedly.

Its very annoying, as sometimes it will connect and work fine, for what appears to be no reason, but others it just wont. All this means that your not really sure if its gonna stay connected, so that if a call comes through it may not be on Bluetooth…

I might add I have tried with different phones etc.

sadly, the worse part is that as I said the VXL engineers seem to have no knowledge of Bluetooth. There first answer was to completely refit the CD70 stereo, which helped not a bit. Ive had all the guys from the garage with there phones out trying to connect!

I’m still awaiting a better diagnosis of the problem, but at the moment its a 300 quid useless option...

Comment

sound just like the problems i'm having, when mine does finally connect and stay connected none of the menu's are available, then half way through a call it drops the connection and I have to pick my phone up to continue my call.

Not very impressed

Comment

Originally posted by redvxr
                sound just like the problems i'm having, when mine does finally connect and stay connected none of the menu's are available, then half way through a call it drops the connection and I have to pick my phone up to continue my call.

Not very impressed
                yeah that too on mine....

Comment

I can only assume the Vectra set-up is different. I did have some problems with a Sony Ericsson k700 but nothing like you guys are talking about with the Nokia. The kit works first time every time and has done on both Vectra's, and is excellent. When I cradle my K700 that works fine too and loads the phone book. What phones are you using? The only issue I have and its not the BT kit , is that the Nokia 6680 does not support the loading of the phone book via BT.

Comment

No its not just the astra Ive been having a few problems with the kit in the Vectra recently. although not as bad as you guys with the astra have had.

When I put the phone in the cradle (nokia 6230) it doesnt always hook up properly with the system, it sometimes wont connect at all and other times it connects as though its another unit being bluetoothed but not as it should when connected through the car cradle, despite the cradle still charging the phone properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDempsey
                      No its not just the astra Ive been having a few problems with the kit in the Vectra recently. although not as bad as you guys with the astra have had.

When I put the phone in the cradle (nokia 6230) it doesnt always hook up properly with the system, it sometimes wont connect at all and other times it connects as though its another unit being bluetoothed but not as it should when connected through the car cradle, despite the cradle still charging the phone properly.
                      Sorry are you saying you are cradling and expecting it to BT to the system or just use the hard wired fix'ing? also is you BT off when you use the cradle?

Comment

I'm using the latest Sony Ericsson K800i, sometimes the phone book loads up, sometimes not, sometimes if I try to select a number from the phone book via the stering wheel controls it tells me theres no connection but if I dial on my phone it will work.

Comment

Yeah, im using a Sony W810i, which dont work to well, but even my old Nokia 6230i plays up in a similar way... grrrr....

Comment

Got another phone this weekend, Nokia N73 works just fine, All the problems I had have gone, It must be Sony Ericsson's that have the problems.

Pete

Comment

hi you guys got the car being delivered this friday but didnt choose the bluetooth kit as an extra but after being caught twice now on the phone by the plodders looking for a quick buck decided maybe its time i got 1 in once the car arrives, the phone i have is a nokia n80 is it better to go for the vauxhall kit ? or is there a aftermarket kit i could use ?
                              if so what is the price comparisons cheers for any feedback .
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X