This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Sports Exhaust £450 dealer fit

Just ordered my Astra VXR and have purchased the sports exhaust, does anyone on here have it fitted? seen one? got a picture of one? heard one compared to standard exhaust?

Your help would be appreciated! Just waiting for a delivery date!

Andy

Re: Vauxhall Sports Exhaust £450 dealer fit

Originally posted by AndyVXRwigan
    Just ordered my Astra VXR and have purchased the sports exhaust, does anyone on here have it fitted? seen one? got a picture of one? heard one compared to standard exhaust?

Your help would be appreciated! Just waiting for a delivery date!

Andy
    You have only bought half the system, just as i did, unfortunately its the half that does very little, as soon as you can get yourself the full system thats where the difference really is, its cheaper to have it all fitted at once, if you can, try and cancel the dealer fit until you can afford or decide to have the full system. Trust me you will not regret it
    If you go to milteks website they have a video clip of the car with the full system.

Astra VXR driving off
    http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=313

Astra VXR drive past
    http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=312

Astra VXR with Milltek full system revving
    http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=311

Even better i think is me on the track at goodwood with the full system and a TMS remap pumping in excess of 280BHP

http://www.streamload.com/S3vxratgoodwood

Comment

Looking at Milteks site now:
      http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust....?variantid=186

So the dealer option for £450 is the cat-back part?

But to get the stage 2 remap you need the whole lot, ie the turbo-back?

So presumably you can still just get the downpipe fitted afterwards without needing to change the back part again and get the remap?

Curious as after I was done haggling on price I haggled on options and got the exhaust half price fitted free.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCell

So presumably you can still just get the downpipe fitted afterwards without needing to change the back part again and get the remap?

Curious as after I was done haggling on price I haggled on options and got the exhaust half price fitted free.
        The reason for the need for the full system in conjunction with the stage two remapping is more to do with cooling than power, the turbo downpipe and the 200cell Hi-flow sports cat increases the volume of Hot gasses that can be exhausted, bumps up the overall power quite nicely as well. Dealers can fit the full system as well and is also an option, although it keeps dropping of the option lists. It is Cheaper to buy the complete stage two package remap and exhaust all in one ! But in answer to your question yes you can still have the turbo downpipe and the Hi-Flow sports cat fitted after, but they are the expensive bits. There were some rumours on this site of an alternative exhaust from Magnex, might be worth a look, although it went down like a lead balloon here when the sales manager came to sell his system, providing us with nothing more than a cheap slanging match, that system is for sale on E-Bay or any magnex dealers, however it does not have a hi-flow cat, opting to keep the OE cat instead, questionable where the power gain comes from and how are the cooling capabilites achieved.

Comment

You know what, that must be one of the biggest beefs I have with Vauxhall, there seems to be lots of extra options which can be requested/fitted but they are not listed so unless you specifically know about them its tough.

Really would have liked the automatic folding mirrors as my garage is a tight squeeze.

Oh well, live and learn, still a great car even without the options.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR

The reason for the need for the full system in conjunction with the stage two remapping is more to do with cooling than power, the turbo downpipe and the 200cell Hi-flow sports cat increases the volume of Hot gasses that can be exhausted, bumps up the overall power quite nicely as well. Dealers can fit the full system as well and is also an option, although it keeps dropping of the option lists. It is Cheaper to buy the complete stage two package remap and exhaust all in one ! But in answer to your question yes you can still have the turbo downpipe and the Hi-Flow sports cat fitted after, but they are the expensive bits. There were some rumours on this site of an alternative exhaust from Magnex, might be worth a look, although it went down like a lead balloon here when the sales manager came to sell his system, providing us with nothing more than a cheap slanging match, that system is for sale on E-Bay or any magnex dealers, however it does not have a hi-flow cat, opting to keep the OE cat instead, questionable where the power gain comes from and how are the cooling capabilites achieved.
            s3 VXR - Are you based in Bristol as I'm sure I have seen your tag as an number plate.....!

Comment

Originally posted by SmegHead
              s3 VXR - Are you based in Bristol as I'm sure I have seen your tag as an number plate.....!
              No he's not thankfully. We don't want his sort round 'ere!! :P :wink:

(Don't worry, he deserves that! )

Comment

I had the Dealer fit £450 Miltek (last Friday 11/08/06)and its now done a few miles and it seems to have a bit more mid range punch and is starting to sound a bit better as it carbons up.

Going to have the Pre cat and sports cat (off the Zaf) this friday 18/08/06

I had it fitted free. i was offered the option of a full system when the dealer orderd it from TMS. took 7 weeks to get it on the car from delivery.

Comment

s3 VXR - Are you based in Bristol as I'm sure I have seen your tag as an number plate.....![/quote] I do get about a bit, International Logistic for you.

Comment

Hey alex_c, when did you get the dealer fit one, when you bought the car or afterwards?

If when you bought it, did they offer the full exhaust when you bought it or nearer delivery when they ordered the exhaust?

Also how much extra were they trying to charge you for the full kit?

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                      I do get about a bit, International Logistic for you.[/quote]

I really didn't need to know that!!!

Comment

Hey alex_c, when did you get the dealer fit one, when you bought the car or afterwards?

If when you bought it, did they offer the full exhaust when you bought it or nearer delivery when they ordered the exhaust?

Also how much extra were they trying to charge you for the full kit?
                        When i orderd my car i orderd the Sports Exhaust option for the cost of £450.00 dealer fit.

I was called about a week after i orderd the car and asked what exhaust i wanted as the dealers have to order it from TMS. i was offerd either the cat back for £450 or the full sustym for £1050 i already have the Pre cat and sports cat from the Zafira so i only needed the cat back. i got mine fitted free as part of the deal.

Comment

Or you could fit a Magnex system at £599.99 & get the same power as a Milltek...

Available from all Magnex stockists (Try Roadrunner in Nottingham or Regal in Southampton)

Comment

Originally posted by Magnex John
                            Or you could fit a Magnex system at £599.99 & get the same power as a Milltek...

Available from all Magnex stockists (Try Roadrunner in Nottingham or Regal in Southampton)

£149.99 more and its not aproved by Vauxhall and so its not warrenty cover'd by Vauxhall. plus if VX recomend any thing else they would have done.

VX and CS have done development work on the is Exhaust, i had one on the Zafira and now on the VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                              Originally posted by Magnex John

£149.99 more and its not aproved by Vauxhall and so its not warrenty cover'd by Vauxhall. plus if VX recomend any thing else they would have done.

VX and CS have done development work on the is Exhaust, i had one on the Zafira and now on the VXR.
                              Ahh yes...BUT THE MILLTEK PRICE IS FOR CAT BACK ONLY - OURS INCLUDES THE HIGH FLOW DOWNPIPE!!!

Also - Milltek make no power claims for the installation of the cat back system only - you have to spend a whopping £1150 before they are prepared to do that!!!

Like I said - Magnex system = half the cost for the same power as the full Milltek system.

As to that old chestnut about gaurantee's - ever heard of block exemption? - I think you will find that you can fit any iso stamped system to a new car & not invalidate the warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X