X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall Notice

Hi

I had Mr Arden in for the steering wheel squeek, driver's seat wear and a well deserved oil change (5k)....

Upon collecting "him" they said I would have to return next week and parted from my beloved for another day.

Vauhall @ patchway had received a notice to replace the spark plugs due to a "field notice" what ever that is?!?. They have to order the new type of spark plugs in from the manafacture......

Just thought you would like to know.

Smog

Thanks i'll ask my dealer on friday.

A11VXL. Jon do you know any thing about this.

Comment

Its not a recall , as thats only for safety related items , this is a Special Policy Program.

However its for the 2.0LEH engine only (200PS) , not the VXR engine

2211 cars affected in UK bth Astra and Zafira. Seems that the engine warnng light will come on first and then if a certain set of trouble codes come up on Tech 2 it a new set of plugs required.

Customers affected will get a letter from Vauxhall.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
        Its not a recall , as thats only for safety related items , this is a Special Policy Program.

However its for the 2.0LEH engine only (200PS) , not the VXR engine

2211 cars affected in UK bth Astra and Zafira. Seems that the engine warnng light will come on first and then if a certain set of trouble codes come up on Tech 2 it a new set of plugs required.

Customers affected will get a letter from Vauxhall.

Stu
        Mistake the Z20LEH is 240ps the Z20LER is the 200ps

Comment

Dammit you're right ! I'll get the dunce's hat out. However only get them changed if you received a letter.

Stu

Comment

thanks Stu.

Did you get the PM i sent.

Comment

TECH BULLETIN

Just spoke to the dealer. Its routine if your chassis number comes up.
              On the next service. Checked my number came up. The parts are being ordered.

WHAT IS IT EXACTLY WRONG THEN. THEY WERE IN A RUSH [FRIDAY PM] AND DID NOT TELL ME?
              Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Some times will leave a trouble code in the ECU on tech 2

Comment

Thanks Alex.
                  Rang my salesman mate yesterday afternoon. Said it was cracking coils moisture ingress then misfire or fault codes, changed as precaution. :?
                  Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

I called our dealer today to ask about this and when they searched using the registration plate it said no.

When they checked the chassis number the computer said yes.

Also I didn't get a letter, so people to be on the safe side it might be worth checking

Comment

its the 200 bhp z20ler engine NOT THE Z20LEH VXR 240 BHP that this is about.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

It can apply to both engines. Batches of plugs have been used in production that have a gap thats too small. In some cases this causes a high voltage demand that might cause damage to the ignition coil.
                        IF the ECU detects this high voltage demand the warning lights will come on and you'll need new plugs fitted as it'll retard the spark .

There is now a VIN list out with dealers. I'd check with the service department to see if you car is affected.

Stu

Comment

cheers thats cleared that up , in on wed to have brakes looked at will get them checked then.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Went to my local dealer today, flitwick, they knew nothing about it what so ever. Had to explain to them the possible fault, got it booked in for wednesday.

Not good if the dealers aren't informed what chance have we of getting a letter informing us!!!!!

And as far as i know the dealer has sold in excess of 20 vxr's.

johnny
                            Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Ok, been sorted by dealer. Put chassis number in and bingo, needed the plugs changing.

Would say get it booked in to all the atsra vxr people. doesn't hurt getting it checked but might if you don't.

johnny
                              Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Working...
                              X