This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Badge

I have asked my dealer to remove the Vauxhall Boot Badge in the centre of the boot, but to keep the chrome strip. He states he does not know whether there will be 2 holes left beneath the badge once it is removed, so is trying to find out.

I also am looking to buy a VX220 style "Turbo" badge off Ebay and stick it on the rear at a slant, just like it appears on a VX220.

Anyone know whether there are holes beneath the badge and also what does everyone think of this slight styling mod?

no holes

Comment

Re: Boot Badge

Originally posted by Police_Driver
      I also am looking to buy a VX220 style "Turbo" badge off Ebay and stick it on the rear at a slant, just like it appears on a VX220.
      NAF ! NAF ! NAF ! So last century ! Go the whole hog get the nodding dog and the furry dice and the sunvisor with yours and your girlfriends name on it.

Comment

Re: Boot Badge

Originally posted by S3 VXR
        Originally posted by Police_Driver
        NAF ! NAF ! NAF ! So last century ! Go the whole hog get the nodding dog and the furry dice and the sunvisor with yours and your girlfriends name on it.
        Just a thought, I think it would be good!

Comment

I liked the way the old coupes did not have any badges to tell whether they were 1.8, 2.2 or turbo (turbo had bigger wheels though). When someone dinged the bootlid on my old coupe, I did not have the vauxhall or astra badges replaced after repair, which looked smooth, so I can see your logic in removing the centre badge.

Note I did have to leave the centre badge - there was a centre locating hole for it.

That said, I do like the new over-sized badge on the VXR and would probably leave it.

Comment

I f you like the Turbo badge - do it !

Stand out from the crowd
            tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
            The truth is out there ...

Comment

That turbo Badge will be extra weight u dont need mate unless of course u plan to run the car with no more than a tenners petrol innit and the back seats folded down of course not to forget having the car gleeming with polish to make it glide threw the air better

Comment

I thought the old coupe turbo's all had 'turbo' badges anyway?

If you want to do it, go for it, had you thought about putting your 'turbo' badge under the chrome strip, still at an angle?
                Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

P_D i realise you are trying to make your car stand out from the crowd, but i think you are going at it from the wrong angle

badges are a way of saying what the car has in the way of features, like the sxi/sri thing (not getting on to that) and with you placing a turbo badge on your pride and joy will only get you ridiculed more (note: am not rediculing just stating an observation of others' behaviour towards yourself). the car, as you have said in the past, is not a track car, so what is the point of advertising it to joe public that it is, giving the fact that it hasn't the sound of a turbo'd car (no dump valve hiss or loud exhaust) and the performance is not going to be close to a turbo'd car.

the idea of modifying a car, looks wise, is to impress others with novel ideas noone has thought of yet, not placing objects on a car stating it has something that it doesnt

why not go for a nice set of smoked chrome alloys, dark/clear rear clusters, dark/clear side repeaters etc. if you want to change the looks?

in any case, best of luck with the motor, it may not be to my tastes, but if you like it thats all that matters. was only trying to explain that by doing this or things like it you would only open yourself up to more ridicule

ps: regards your comment on the weight being different in your car with seats up or down, you are incorrect. only if you removed the said seats from the car would anything change, since weight in an unloaded car is evenly distributed over the four wheels no matter the arrangment of the seats. "Weight is a term of measurement referring to either an object's mass or to the gravitational force acting on the object" quote from wiki. even if you turned the seats upside down, and back to front, they will still be part of the cars overall weight, as they are still subject to gravity. if you were refering to aerodynamics then yes, putting the seats down would speed up your car as it would have a lower profile, but the seats are internal and have no bearing on the exterior profile.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_time
                    .......... is not a track car, so what is the point of advertising it to joe public that it is, giving the fact that it hasn't the sound of a turbo'd car (no dump valve hiss or loud exhaust) and the performance is not going to be close to a turbo'd car.

*Points and giggles* He doesn't know does he :P

Comment

Originally posted by Gridlock
                      Originally posted by justin_time
                      .......... is not a track car, so what is the point of advertising it to joe public that it is, giving the fact that it hasn't the sound of a turbo'd car (no dump valve hiss or loud exhaust) and the performance is not going to be close to a turbo'd car.

*Points and giggles* He doesn't know does he :P
                      Pssssstttttt whispers . . . . . . He`s got a VXR ........2ltr Turbo

Comment

oops i stand corrected. not sure where i got the idea you had a different car. apologies

that being the case, go ahead, would look sweet, as long as the chrome strip could be kept. not seen one without it but housemate's diesel SRi would look a bit....odd... without one

im still in the frame of mind that debadged cars (to a certain extent) look better,regards the turbo badge, but thats just me

Comment

Havent got one quite yet, it comes in Oct. Can you believe the dealer gave me£4600 as a part exchange for my non air conditioned gold 1.2 sxi on an 03 plate? Couldnt say no...

Comment

i took all the badges off my boot and personnaly think it looks gr8

it makes polishing a hell of a lot easier as well , no cotton wool budz involved

Comment

Can you post a pic of your de badged astra vxr(REAR). Am thinking along the same lines regareds to removing it. Some people like it, me, its too big.
                              Regards Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X